Flash on softbox

To: graphitone 6 of 10
Flash is quite interesting especially for night shots, but it's hella inconvenient. I only ever use the built-in flash on my Stylus p+s now, though I have an olde school 'potato masher' thyristor bounce flash. I also have/had a pair of photoflood lamps @ 500W that were fun to play with (though you need either tungsten film or an 85B filter, which really cuts the light), now on permanent 'loan' to a friend.
To: graphitone 7 of 10
I bought a softbox, reflector and umbrella when my second daughter was born and took some pictures of the kids. Thought I'd use it lots but it's all been put away and not used since.
To: koswix 8 of 10
Oohh, interesting. I wonder if the poles that come with mine would fit into that speedring. Might be worth a try. Then there are plenty of flash stand mounts for that sort of speedring.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 9 of 10
Well I won't get a Westcott speedring because they are a silly price but there are cheap Bowens ones which I could then get a flash stand mount for. About £20-£25 for both. Tempting.
To: ALL10 of 10
New speedring arrived, one of these but not from Amazon. Fits the softbox, just need a flash stand mount for it now and I might actually be able to use it. But probably sort it all out then put it away and never use it.