Raw mouse data?

To: ALL1 of 8
Anyone know of a tool to record raw mouse input events (i.e. delta X and delta Y, rather than just grabbing the current cursor position)?

Ideally would like to be able to choose which mouse to capture (assuming there are more than 1 mice connected to the PC), and record the data into a usable format (CSV would be fine).

I've seen there's a raw input API in windows, so surely someone must have written this already so I don't have to try and remember how to use proper programming languages...
To: koswix 2 of 8
If you ask nicely, I'm fairly sure the Feds already have it.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 3 of 8
I asked, but all they said was bad on you.

I found MouseTrace on github, it works but it is not very user friendly. It's enough to prove the concept though, so hopefully it'll do. If something better turns up then yay, but not stressing so much now I've at least got *something*
To: koswix 4 of 8
Code: 
watch xdotool getmouselocation

(X11 supports multiple mice but only one pointer so the other part is moot).

(And yeah I know but fuck you :Y )

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 5 of 8
I did play with that earlier, but that's cursor position not delta x/y. As such it's range is limited by screen resolution (plus it's filtered by muse sensitivity settings, like how many mm movement = 1 pixel, acceleration settings etc. ).

At least that's all I could get from it earlier, if you know how to get raw data that'd be mostly perfect!

Also I considered reading the events from /dev/mouse0 with a bash script to log the output , but I've really no idea how to actually do that.
EDITED: 12 Apr 2016 23:59 by KOSWIX
To: koswix 6 of 8
Ahh, you want delta. Yeah. Hmm.

This might be useful.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 7 of 8
Ooh, that looks pretty simple which is exactly what I need. I've got python 2.something and 3 installed, too.

I like the bit in the comments where one guy is like "argh I can't make it work! Halp! Is it permissions?" and then the other guy is like "did you run it as root?" and then the first guy's like "fixed now. Forgot to move the mouse (fail) "
To: koswix 8 of 8
Hahaha. Genius.