phantom js 2.0

To: ALL1 of 5
a supplier has asked if we can load this on our centos webserver for their app so it can do swish reporting, anyone used this, i have reservations with putting it on the server form a security point of view (scriptable headless web kit makes my security spidey sense tingle) but i've been told to stick it on there, 
no binary version available so building from source it's taken 2hours so far on a m3 medium instance on amazon :-(  is this normal, any gotchas i need to know about ?
To: Mizzy 2 of 5
If you're on AWS, and you're worried about what the software might be able to do, why not spin up an instance entirely for it to run on? If it needs anything from the web-server, you can probably rsync it to the instance with PhantomJS on.
To: Mizzy 3 of 5
Can you compile & test locally on a near/identical-spec vm?

edit: someone has (allegedly) compiled it for centos7 & made binary available:

http://garyzhu.net/notes/phantomjs-centos7.tar
EDITED: 11 Sep 2015 19:58 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 5
Finally built it, took about 3 hours,
It is built and run up on our test lab I haven't deployed it to prod yet,
I'm going to have a nose and see what it's capable of doing with relation to the application if I can pass the process variables via variables from within the app I'm going to recommend we don't deploy it.
Seems a messy way to grab images or screens for reports anyway, shouldn't it be using a canvas method instead ?
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 5 of 5
If i can't get it from the main repo I have to get it from Git/ source and build it, can't rely on someone else's build unfortunately thanks for the link though.