First broken bone

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)26 Jul 2015 17:36
To: Manthorp 18 of 55
Something about fruit and trees springs to mind...
To: Manthorp 19 of 55
Haha, awesome. I'm not sure I ever tried a tea tray but I definitely used to used things to slide down the stairs. Luckily didnt break anything doing it.
To: ALL20 of 55
The clues were there, Mr B & Chrisss.  Straight flight of stairs ending with a square of floor and a wall
To: ALL21 of 55
Hope she's better for the holiday!

Fractures are essentially small breaks, right?

I fractured my left shoulder at school while pro-wrestling in the playground (on grass) and fractured my right elbow about a year later playing football on concrete.
Both times I carried on and didn't go to the hospital until after i'd got home.
Think I broke my right hand about 5/6 years ago punching a patio door. Never had it checked out but feel pain sometimes in the cold.
To: Voltane 22 of 55
Pro-wrestling! I didn't think they paid schoolkids to do it. But siriusly that is a good amount of broken bits you have there. Is there a good story for punching a patio door? 

I once punched a car window quite hard after it (the car) was accelerated at me on a zebra crossing. That hurt a little bit for a couple of days but definitely not a break. I hope your story is gooderer.
To: Voltane 23 of 55
I believe a fracture it just a break, but the bone stays together.

If it separates or breaks through the skin, I believe it's then called a compound fracture.

I could be wrong on it to some degree, but it's what I was told many many years ago.

The old memory ain't what it used to be anymore. :)
To: milko 24 of 55
Well it should be a good story, it was the last time I drank alcohol...but as the following events have been mostly relayed by others I can't go into much detail.

It was a friends birthday party at the house they were renting. I had consumed quite a bit and watched while others swung (briefly) on a chandelier. I apparently decided to have a go with lots of enthusiasm and ended up pulling the chandelier from the ceiling. Not so much it fell on the floor but it was hanging off quite a bit.
I guess because others had been swinging from it and my probably babbling "Sorry" a lot I wasn't thrown out.
Instead I carried on dancing in the living room and popping in and out to where people where talking and smoking. The last time I tried walking out thee patio door must have been shut and I walked into it. I then punched it and smashed it. Probably got told to go home then which I did and then fell asleep.
Woke up the next morning with my hand hurting a lot and my mobile ringing. Some friends asked if I knew what had happened and when I said I didn't told me the above (it became talked about a bit whenever I saw some of them, not so much anymore).

A few days later I went round and saw the damage which I then paid to get repaired - I'm not sure if they ever told the landlord what had happened or not.
I felt ill from the alcohol for a few days afterwards and decided that this was the last time I was going to drink. The pain from the hand kind of went away after a while and I was distracted by making sure I didn't drink while out (I was going to gigs 3 - 4 times a week at this point).
To: milko 25 of 55
As for pro-wrestling, I guess I could have said "wrestling in the playground" but wanted to make it clear (to USAians) it wasn't like college wrestling.
To: ALL26 of 55
Just read that a fracture and a break are the same thing.

We are flying Tuesday and she is having a smaller cast fitted on Monday. Be easier for her than the long one she has now.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 27 of 55
That will be nice for her. Will they let her pick a color for it?

When my daughter broke hers they let pick a color for her cast, then later on, her and her friends decorated it. :)
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 28 of 55
Yes, she had a choice of red, blue, pink, purple and (I think they did it anyway) yellow. Not surprisingly pink the first time although she said maybe purple tomorrow.

We've got a waterproof cover for the cast so she'll still be able to go in the pool.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 29 of 55
My daughter had pink the first time, then when the other arm came into play a few years later, she went with a light purple one called lilac. They had a dark purple one too, but she didn't really care for it. She's a big light pastel fan.
EDITED: 9 Aug 2015 22:07 by CYBATRON
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 30 of 55
Surprisingly she went for red :O I am shocked.
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 31 of 55
I used to be a member of a working men's club and the elderly guys in there were all light pastel fans too.

Light pastel slacks were the order of the day, usually paired with an overly bright shirt and grey slip-ons.

:-&
To: graphitone 32 of 55
My relatives were banned from this club for a few weeks for general rowdiness, e.g. dancing on the tables.

And it's also where my great aunt (who was probably in her eighties) drank me under the table.

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)10 Aug 2015 20:45
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 33 of 55
quote: DSMITHHFX
my great aunt (who was probably in her eighties) drank me under the table.

Now there's a mental image no one wants!

To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 34 of 55
We all can't cruise the Basel train for trunchbulls.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 35 of 55
Be happy. We ran through at least four pastels painting her room. Each wall had to be a different color. When I was growing up all four walls were supposed to be the same. Not anymore. lol
To: graphitone 36 of 55
I would have run screaming from the room. lol
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 37 of 55
Oh no, screaming wasn't allowed. In fact, loud noises were frowned upon, lest you put someone off their excruciatingly lengthy lined up billiard shot.