The misfortunes of war

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 1 Jun 2015 05:52
To: ALL1 of 9
The IMF have concluded that the conflict in Ukraine is seriously damaging its economy. This will, of course, come as news to all of you that thought civil war tearing a country apart was actually economic good news.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 2 of 9
War's good for business. Well, some business. I would say that the Moss Bros's, Greggs and Maplins of this world don't profit well in times of crisis, but your Boeings, Haliburtons and anyone who can benefit from a dearth of natural resources and flog them to the needy at inflated prices when they /really/ need them, can turn a nice profit.

</cynicism>
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 1 Jun 2015 08:36
To: graphitone 3 of 9
Unfortunately, those who really benefit from civil war are the manufacturers, who tend to be based in other countries.

I guess there's always the undertakers who're local though.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 4 of 9
 :-( It's all a bit shite really isn't it?
To: graphitone 5 of 9
A good old war economy.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 1 Jun 2015 09:10
To: graphitone 6 of 9
Indeed. But what was odd is that it was reported as if this was some great insight from the IMF. I mean, really?
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 7 of 9
Not read the article yet, but it sounds like they've been obliged to make some sort of statement and pointing out the bleedin' obvious happens to come from the mouths of their spokespeople.

I wonder how much money was spent on that 'research'.
To: graphitone 8 of 9
Actually, Moss Bros could potentially do well enough - you should be buried in a suit after all, right?
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 3 Jun 2015 09:47
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 9 of 9
But does anyone buy a suit for the occasion these days?

Hell's teeth, I rented a suit to get married in, but I expect that Moss Bros would baulk at that for attending one's own funeral.

Especially if you're going to be cremated.
EDITED: 3 Jun 2015 09:49 by MR_BASTARD