Long Range view....

To: himagain 7 of 35
What tea was that? I've been wondering recently what the tea with the highest caffeine content is.
To: graphitone 8 of 35
Don't even ask me.... I've been on the wagon for  decades and only drink "pretend" coffee now :-<
But any upmarket Chinese Restaurateur can introduce you to the many special teas....

APPROVED: 7 Mar 2015 13:04 by MATT
To: himagain 9 of 35
I suppose you might be talking about mine. Mine comes from the days of PC Mag/Extreme Tech. There was a forum member (Sethness) there who made signatures for folks, often free-hand artistic drawrings. What you see is an iteration of that because unfortunately Seth stopped making sigs - or perhaps he just didn't like me.  :-P We were limited to the height and weight of the image; this style/size was considered the largest one could go and be within acceptable limits. It isn't graphics intensive and loads quickly even on a dialup connection.

You can not allow or disallow signatures of you want or just allow text signatures. Sounds a bit boring to me, but they aren't my monkees, not my circus. Signatures are fairly common within a forum as are avatars. Apparently you have no problem with pixelated emoticons, something I find a bit odd, but...

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 7 Mar 2015 16:06
To: himagain 10 of 35
...and any upmarket Chinese hooker can introduce you to the many specialties!

Welcome. Forget the tea, it's almost beer o'clock. (beer)
To: himagain 11 of 35
Hola! You can turn signatures off in your "My Controls" area.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 12 of 35
He's gone a bit quiet. You must have scared him off. {{{Ken}}}
To: graphitone 13 of 35
Damn!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 14 of 35
I actually suspect he's not reappeared due to the lack of biscuit offers.
To: graphitone 15 of 35
Every time I see that I think of dog food.  That's what we call dog treats over here.  Maybe he thought you wanted him to eat pig ears and bark!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 16 of 35
I think it is doughnut boy.  (info)
To: fixrman 17 of 35
No one forced you to eat donut! 
To: himagain 18 of 35
You've got the wrong place. We're mostly quail and partridge here.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 19 of 35
Donut forced me to eat donut.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 20 of 35
I thought you thought biscuits were those wheel like things you had with gravy?

We have a similar thing to you re. the dog treats. We call them dog biscuits. I know it's a complex idea, but doesn't half help to differentiate things by putting the name of the thing the thing belongs to before it.

Helmets are ubiquitous, but a policeman's helmet becomes specific.

Everyone has fingernails, but Dave's fingernails belong to him.

Flatulence abounds, but PB's farts are a personal thing.

Message 41423.21 was deleted
To: Al JunioR (53NORTH) 22 of 35
Did you attain Perfect Gentleman status in '83, or did you quickly don the helmet?

Must have been a noisy lift.
EDITED: 9 Apr 2015 11:49 by FIXRMAN
To: graphitone 23 of 35
Quote: 
Dave's fingernails belong to him.

Thanks. Tell Ken to stop trying to pick and/or bite them.

To: fixrman 24 of 35
Speaking of biting, I'm not really sure why, but I'm attempting to grow my finger nails a bit. It's a bit of a test of will power. I usually bite my nails but HAVE DECIDED NOT TO. Typing is becoming something of a pain, as I keep hitting the end of the nail on the keys which is causing a bend and creating a pulling sensation in the middle of the nail over my finger. I suspect they'll last til the weekend where I'll get bored and bite them all off.

They are useful for scratching, opening ring pull cans and finding the end of sellotape, however.
EDITED: 9 Apr 2015 12:31 by GRAPHITONE
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 9 Apr 2015 15:06
To: graphitone 25 of 35
In inveterate nail-biter, I decided to quit in my early 20s. I cut my nails now when they're too long. But I hate jagged edges (one of my many OCD traits that led me biting in the fist place), so I finish up with a nail file. It makes me look like a girl, but the power of OCD is overwhelming :$
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 26 of 35
I understand that... I've got a thing (whether it falls under OCD or not, I've no idea), where I don't like rough skin on my hands. I've got eczema and that flairs up from time to time, usually on my fingers and I hate the feeling of rough or pitted skin that can cause, to the point where I'll pull scabs off, bite any tiny loose bits of skin away and shave my knuckles.