Angry IP Scanner dont see Win7

To: ALL1 of 5
When running local network scans with this nifty tool it finds everything (Macs, Linux's, printers, even our router & managed switch) BUT it doesn't see our two Windows 7 instances.

I tried this to no effect, but not convinced it's a ping issue since I've no trouble pinging Windows 7 from a terminal.

If I scan a known ip with Zenmap I can get all kinds of info (I don't actually need). I just want to see them listed along with everything else.

Any idears?
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 2 of 5
Is it searching on IPs or device name?
To: graphitone 3 of 5
it scans all ips in a range and returns a list with ip, name, mac addy, open ports, NetBIOS info etc (as scan is configured).

you can also enter a name and it will return that ip, unless it's Win 7 T_T .
EDITED: 28 Jan 2015 16:56 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 5
It doesn't return anything, or it just doesn't resolve certain details? Does it pick up other Win7 machines? Try completely turning off the Windows firewall on the machines and scanning again. If it works then, at least you'll have narrowed it down a bit more.
To: patch 5 of 5
Doesn't return anything, like they don't exist (which is odd, because I can ping them). OK, I just tested firewall off on an xp-sp3 laptop (which I forgot about, even though it's right in front of me), and it showed up on the scan, so yeah, I guess it's windows firewall.
EDITED: 28 Jan 2015 17:34 by DSMITHHFX