Teh HNY Thread

To: ALL1 of 36
I want to wish all a Happy New Year. You will be there before me, so please light the way safely and with as much merriment as is legal. Hopefully I can log in and be there as you celebrate, 'cept I expect being in an online forum at midnight will be the last thing on Teh mind.

To the Freehouses!
To: fixrman 2 of 36
Cheers boss.

A happy new year to all too.

What are you doing tonight then?

I'm off to eat and drink with many a family member at a cousin-in-law's house. We all got asked to bring some food contribution. I've made mincemeat doughnuts. :D

To: fixrman 3 of 36
Cheers!

I'm at a friends house tonight, where we'll be giving each other our Christmas gifts.

Should be fun. :)
To: fixrman 4 of 36
HNY!

I've been roped into working tonight to help out a friend running the massive Street party here. Basically an obscene amount of money for doing Fuck all.

Couldn't find my hip flask so I've topped off a bottle of iron brew with some whisky.
To: graphitone 5 of 36
OoOOOoooOOhhh... Mincemeat! I miss that as much as a Fly's Graveyard.

I am at home, was invited to a friend's  for the evening but I hate to go out on Amateur Night. I'd gladly trade some fine beer for a mincemeat doughnut. If only!

Things at the fixrman joint have been a bit tense lately for a variety of reasons. I think I will stay home, get right knackered on Southern Tier Warlock, Mad Elf  and then toast the New Year with A Samuel Smith's Yorkshire Stingo.

By that time I should be eyeing Mrs. F with bad intent.

EDITED: 1 Jan 2015 00:07 by FIXRMAN
To: Voltane 6 of 36
I should say so.  ;-)
To: koswix 7 of 36
Roped? Ha! I'll bet the truth is you work for beer! Cheers! Great subterfuge on your part, acting all put out and taking alcohol for "pay". I commend your resourcefulness, Esquire.

Had to look up Iron Brew as I had naturally never heard of it. You lot get all the best stuff.
To: ALL8 of 36
Mrs.D and I just watched Snow White & Teh Huntsdude, and it was deffo better than Hobbit III which we saw last weekend. That was kind of sucky, actually. I've had 2.25 beers and a shot of Islay Mist. The nite is still young. In Canada.
EDITED: 1 Jan 2015 00:50 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 9 of 36
To your health! May 2015 be all that 2014 was not!
To: fixrman 10 of 36
The phone call went something like this:

Him: hey, you fancy going up town at new year?
Me: yeah, could do
Him: great, I need cover on the West Gate 8 till 2.
Me: D'oh!

On my way home now, disturbingly sober but that did make it a lot easier to fight through the carnage and actually get on a bus. It left almost empty because people are too pissed/stupid to understand how busses work. Also just had a very pretty lady latterly land in my lap, so overall a good night I'd say.
To: koswix 11 of 36
 (dance)
To: fixrman 12 of 36
Here's a shitty video I took of the fireworks, would have been longer but someone sent me a text and it stopped recording.

I'm only posting it because I'm a YouTube ad-revenue whore.

Edinburgh Hogmanay Fireworks 2015: http://youtu.be/Gd81EiEVJvc
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 1 Jan 2015 10:39
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 13 of 36
Bloody hell, are you seriously telling us that Snow White and the Huntsman is better than The Battle of the Five Armies? That says a lot of The Hobbit, and it's not good.
To: koswix 14 of 36
Apparently the fireworks in Manchester had to be delayed by 5 mins because a tram was in the way (fail)

I don't know how Manchester manages to run the least useful tram network in the world.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 15 of 36
The Battle of the 5 Armies was more like the The Battle of the 31/2 Armies. It was a long, tedious battle. Same actors, same sets, same wizards, same weapons, same plot, same ring, same, same, same. Snow White & the Huntsman had better dwarves, better story, and better effects.
To: koswix 16 of 36
Thanks for that, whore!  :-P Hmm, should have left the comma out.

Looks like a fine display.
To: ALL17 of 36
Happy New Year folks!
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 1 Jan 2015 18:46
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 18 of 36
But SWATH had Kirsten Stewart, which has gotta count for something in the shit stakes
To: ANT_THOMAS 19 of 36
>>I don't know how Manchester manages to run the least useful tram network in the world.

You do know I live in Edinburgh, right? Although I suppose you can hardly call ours a "network". Original budget was just over £250m for two complete lines. Current total spend: £1bn for half a line that's projected to never turn a profit.

The half a line they finally settled on basically replaces one bus route. But as the tram doesn't stop in any of the useful places that the bus does, they've had to keep the bus running as well. The council budget is pretty much running on fumes now, every other department and service is being run into the ground to service the interest on the loans for the tram. User fail.
To: koswix 20 of 36
I should really say least reliable.

Is it Edinburgh that has (or had) half of the main road dug up for years?

With Manchester there isn't a day (and I mean every day, or at least every week day) that there isn't an issue on one of the lines. Broken down tram, points failure, general delays, random other issue.

I think it's a poorly designed system due to there being basically a single line that all trams have to pass through. Or at least it was until very recently. One issue at certain places and it ruins the whole system.