!Interlink Express

To: milko af (CAER) 14 of 44
Cheers both, I remember now reading a good sensei review, I like their unfussy style.

I could do with trying one out somewhere to see how it fits my hand as I'm somewhere between a claw and palm grip. I don't get on with tiny mice either.
EDITED: 9 Oct 2014 22:48 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 15 of 44
I think PC world of all places had some steelseries in, you could maybe get a quick hold.
To: milko 16 of 44
(YJ)?
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 17 of 44
Possibly. He does live on the posh side of London so who knows what services his local pc world offer. Perhaps a little gentle cupping. Maybe a little nuzzle.

He's probably a regular customer
To: johngti_mk-ii 18 of 44
I might be tempted to visit PC World if they offered services like that down here.
To: milko 19 of 44
(nod) I'll check out our local PC world one lunchtime. You have to have a fondle before making a decision.
To: johngti_mk-ii 20 of 44
Very much YJ, but the PC World I tend to go to is in Slough, very much not posh. Actually, the one nearest my house is a scuzzy bit next to the M4 as well! I send the butler.
To: ALL21 of 44
I've got some car parts coming with APC Overnight. Their online tracking has 3 entries so far:

Entry one: Yesterday, booked by [person sending package]
Entry two: Yesterday, recieved at Depot in [place it's being sent from]
Entry three: This afternoon, carded (no access).

Mother fuckers. I checked at about 11 this morning and there was only the first two entries, so I figured it wouldn't come today and did some other stuff while I was out. If I'd come home I'd have been in.

So glad I paid to upgrade to next-day delivery :|
To: graphitone 22 of 44
Ken: Yes!

Graphitone: I'm not left handed but yeah it's completely symmetrical. I'm very happy with it. It is very much a gaming mouse: not a bullshit gaming mouse with loads of buttons, weights, LCD screens, bits that glow and removable bits, made for idiots, but a proper gaming mouse. Which means a very good sensor, very good buttons and no hardware interpolation at all (no smoothing, acceleration or angle snapping at a hardware level) and high polling rate. It's also extremely light. So it feels very exact, even twitchy compared to other mice.

If you want something like that then it's currently the best, along with recent Razer Deathadders.

I'd avoid Steelseries. They're marketed as gaming mice but the hardware isn't really that good and they also have smoothing/acceleration.

If gaming isn't your main priority and/or you want a more desktoppy mouse then I'd go with the Logitech g400 which is very good (not ambidextrous though, I dunno if they do a left-handed model).

Edit: Also while the FK1 is designed for a claw grip it's comfortable when palmed too (I claw when playing games/working and tend to palm when doing idle desktop stuff. I have big hands too).

EDITED: 10 Oct 2014 06:53 by X3N0PH0N
To: graphitone 23 of 44
Let this be your guide.

(It's 2013 but nothing of note has changed except the FK1 has replaced the FK)
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 24 of 44
Cheers boss. The FKs do look the business. What's the lift off distance I've been reading about in reviews? Is that what I think it is, the height you can lift the mouse of a surface and still have the cursor respond?

Are you a mouse mat user? Any worth in those gaming teflon type mats?

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 25 of 44
Interesting. I've literally never noticed the hardware interpolation whatnot on mine. Which is not to say it isn't there, I just haven't seen it do anything. It does have a light up bit which I could fuck about with if I installed their software which I dont. I just hope the buttons don't break like my old MS ones always did, if they do I'll look at your fancy pants £50 mouse next.
To: graphitone 26 of 44
Yeah, it's that exactly. For (FPS) gaming you want that distance to be as low as possible because you'll be lifting the mouse off the pad a lot and you don't want the cross-hair moving when you do that. Outside of FPSes it doesn't really matter.

For pads just go for something that tracks well and you're comfortable with. I prefer the very hard plastic ones purely because they stand up better to the punishment I seem to give things when I use them (YJ). I wouldn't go for the really expensive ones, I think they're mainly gimmicks. I wouldn't bother with one at all but the surface of my desk and optical mice just don't get along. I have one of these and it's fine. No better/worse than other hard plastic ones I've had (both more and less expensive), I think they're much of a muchness really (got it cos it's big enough and not too expensive).
To: milko 27 of 44
It's one of those things that you only really appreciate when you try it. It's not a massive deal, obviously, and I'm under no illusions that it'll make me any better at games. But it definitely feels more kinda crisp and satisfying. Makes playing just that tiny bit more enjoyable, like.

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 28 of 44
Fair enough. I am suspicious of 'your' guide because my old Intellimouse is in the GREAT tier despite me going through several of them due to shoddy microswitches in the buttons that just didn't last long enough. Yet my current mouse which feels (as near as I can tell at least) identical to use but hopefully won't suffer from that is SHIT :C
EDITED: 10 Oct 2014 09:51 by MILKO
To: milko 29 of 44
LOL AT UR SHIT MUSE MILKO Y R U SUCH A NAB

Really you'd only notice this stuff in (competitive) FPSes. I started playing CS again (which made me really miss the days when we all used to play together as PCF. All you breeders should sell your babies and we should have a reunion one day) and I began to really notice the angle snapping my old MX518 was doing. Never noticed it before then. S'why I got this thing.
EDITED: 10 Oct 2014 10:04 by X3N0PH0N
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 30 of 44
I've got a fairly bog standard argos desk and the laminate's starting to wear through and I'm seeing the underlying chipboard shining through in all it's faux wood glory. That mouse mat looks like n' spacious enough to cover up my rubbed laminate transgressions.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 31 of 44
I hardly ever played CS even back then. Have you got Next Car Game aka now Wreckfest? It's the new flatout and they just added online modes.
To: milko 32 of 44
I thought you did join us from time to time? CS is fun. I forgot how much fun.

I pirated some of the betas of NCG/Wreckfest and was quite impressed. I'll definitely get it if it gets a Lunix port. If it doesn't I'll probably get it if it Wines ok.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 33 of 44
I popped on a few times yeah, but I don't think it was that often. Are you playing the original old one again?