Tax discs, them gorn.

To: ALL1 of 9
No more need to display a tax disc in your car in the UK. Mine was renewed last month which was a little annoying, I didn't want one, but you can get rid of existing discs if you want to now.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/88361/bye-bye-tax-disc-uk-vehicle-excise-duty-road-tax-changes-explained
To: ANT_THOMAS 2 of 9
Pissed off that it doesn't transfer with a vehicle now, and you have to tax it twice for a month when buying a car (unless you time it very well).
To: ANT_THOMAS 3 of 9
Yep - pretty much the same here, had to renew at the end of August. I might keep it there for years to come just to confuse people. I might even bring the oldest tax disc I have to the front. REBELLION!¬!"!
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 4 of 9
I've only had my car for about a year and didn't have a proper tax disc holder. I was using the original disc with sellotape as the holder :$ Glad to get rid.
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 5 of 9
Haha. Good idea. The oldest tax disc I have in my holder is only 2 years old. Or I might put a picture of something instead.
To: koswix 6 of 9
Yeah, pain the arse, but I think you can get refunds for full months remaining.

Oh, and having a monthly direct debit for the payments is a boon...set and forget (having once driven around with no tax for 6 months 'accidentaly').
EDITED: 1 Oct 2014 17:03 by JESUSONEEZ
To: Queeg 500 (JESUSONEEZ) 7 of 9
Saved you six months on tax!
To: ALL8 of 9
I plan to make my own - as a reminder to get the new one each time it runs out (unless I go for the monthly recurring DD option)
To: JonCooper 9 of 9
I'm planning on putting something in the little circular hole (nj) but haven't come up with any genius ideas yet...maybe a really old tax disc from someone else's car...see if I get pulled over.

I like the idea of putting something in there...it might start a new craze...
EDITED: 2 Oct 2014 16:52 by JESUSONEEZ