The natives are getting restless

To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 161 of 189
I'm glad I don't like coffee because it means I'm not one of those people that say they can't function without a few cups in the morning.
To: ANT_THOMAS 162 of 189
I'm slowly getting back into caffeine, my stomach/reflux situation has improved to the point that I can drink full fat tea without any side effects. I went for 2 - 3 years without caffeine and just got used to it.

However, I like the caffeine hit that a cup of tea gives me in the morning, just enough to wake me up and get my brain in gear. Coffee (when I can drink it) or two cups of tea sends me loopy, I feel really on edge, my gums starting itching and with coffee I get bad stomach cramps. :C

Coffee can fuck right off.

EDITED: 22 Sep 2014 11:48 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 163 of 189
I do drink tea (and pretty strong tea) throughout the day but I don't seem to get an obvious caffeine kick.

During the summer I'll generally have a brew when I arrive at work and drink juice the rest of the day.

But saying all this, I don't have kids so maybe my level of tiredness isn't quite the level of most other people! I just have a cat that wants to sleep next to me at 4am.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)22 Sep 2014 12:18
To: graphitone 164 of 189
It's the taste of coffee that puts me off. On occasion I'll have one of her ladyship's Nespresso coffees, but it's really once in a blue moon.

I prefer tea that's not too strong (either in flavour or caffeine), no milk or sugar. I am faggot.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 165 of 189
Slightly coloured water then.
To: ANT_THOMAS 166 of 189
 :-D

Yep, having kids definitely makes you tired in ways you'd never have thought possible. I actually need a nap on a Sunday afternoon. It's not optional, I /need/ a nap and will have one no matter what else is going on.

I've turned into my father.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)22 Sep 2014 13:00
To: ANT_THOMAS 167 of 189
:((
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 168 of 189
I have been known to drink Lipton, Red Rose (grandmum's favorite, most likely the name I expect - you know, English Rose). I am a two-bagger because one Lipton is not really strong enough for me. I also like to add one bag of chamomile with the other two sometimes. I expect Lipton is probably not considered much more than floor sweepings there, but proper tea is quite expensive here.

If Teh folks are not up to the job, so be it. More for you and me, Mr. B. I enjoy milk in tea sometimes but I am lactose intolerant so I might skip it. If I have a sweetener it is generally honey because I am anti-white sugar (have been for years)
because it is truly awful stuff. Raw is better but then if one has to change the color and the taste, what is the point of drinking it?

Generally, I only ever drink tea at home or at Chinese/Japanese restaurants. For some reason, most Americans do not realise that black tea (mostly what we use here) must be made with boiling water. A restaurant or diner here would likely use water from a coffee maker run through an empty filter bowl to make the water hot, or crappy tap water microwaved to steaming. Blick! Tea tastes like shit-water made like that.

I enjoyed proper tea over there years ago very much. Coffee was another story altogether. I DO NOT drink instant coffee, I'd rather have Postum® . I tried coffee there three different times and it was total crap. I have heard good coffee is best obtained in someone's home.

It would seem we've strayed a bit off topic, except wars and independence were sought over tea, coffee and sugar.
EDITED: 22 Sep 2014 13:56 by FIXRMAN
To: graphitone 169 of 189
Chamomile might help with the cramps. But one has to like chamomile.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 170 of 189
Quote: 
I am faggot.

Maybe only half a faggot, katsungII.

Some people get wired by caffeine or have a reaction to it. Bad coffee is usually what puts them off, and as a coffee aficionado, I relegate Starbucks to the crap coffee category. I don't like coffee that tastes burnt.

To: fixrman 171 of 189
I've recently taken to drinking chamomile as I was told it helps people sleep (and is claimed to have the additional benefit of reducing the frequency of migraines).

I wasn't prepared for how potent it is, though. It proper knocks me out. Good shit.

The taste takes a bit of getting used to, starts off as a mixture of grass and flowers. Now I'm accustomed to it I just taste the flowers and rather like it.
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) fixrman 172 of 189
Thanks for the advice. I've had chamomile in the past, but found it tasted odd - like Xen said, a bit like grass or even too 'natural', like raw liquorice is. I went for the one with with vanilla in it and found that nice n'palatable.

People over there make tea in a microwave? (fail)

Here's some tips for your indigenous friends:

Tea is made in a pot. 3 bags, please.

Milk in first, then the tea.

Dunking is allowed, but not in restaurants.

You don't boil pizza.

To: graphitone 173 of 189
>People over there make tea in a microwave? 

They don't have kettles :|
To: graphitone 174 of 189
I have a "tea for one" set that I'd like to bring to work but the faff of having to get milk for each cup has stopped me.
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 175 of 189
 :-O

I see a gap in the American market.
To: ANT_THOMAS 176 of 189
In that case you also need a "fridge for one".

To: graphitone 177 of 189
<Googles USB fridge>
To: ANT_THOMAS 178 of 189
Ha, of course they exist.
To: ALL179 of 189
The lack of kettles overseas was mindblowing to me when I first heard of it. I was incredulous! And so on. 

As for coffee, instant coffee is of course an entirely different drink. One I do not like the taste of one bit. Bleurgh. A well-made coffee from freshly roasted/ground beans, now that's a good drink.

At work we have Nespresso and we have Yorkshire Tea. Things could on the whole be very much worse.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)22 Sep 2014 19:42
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 180 of 189
Worse than that Andrew, they have coffee machines that will also make tea...lukewarm tea that tastes of coffee. The heathens.