Networking Helps Please!

To: ALL1 of 15
Hola!  I have an issue and I'm not able to make it clear in my fucking brain as to what I need to do to fix it.

The issue is I'm running out of IP addresses.  So I was thinking about either 1. A Superscope or 2. another VLAN.  But I can't seem to get either working.  I don't have access to the router to change any route info so I'm not sure if that's my issue with the Superscope or not.  I currently have 3 VLANS and my DHCP server is providing addresses for both machines and phones on different VLANS, but I quickly setup another and it wouldn't work when setting a machine with a static IP.  Is there anyone familiar with something like this (I'm sure there is) and can give me a little guidance?

Ta!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 15
Stop building stuff. Jeesh. Go home, take a nap.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 3 of 15
I'm thinking it's the IP range on the router. Might be set to only pass data between a specific range of subnets and that extra VLAN might be outside of it. We had a problem with that a few weeks ago where our central site could see all offices, but the remote offices couldn't see each other. We amended the subnet at each router to include a slightly bigger range and all was well.

'Course it could just be that you're not doing it right.  :-@
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 15
I wish I could!  I have to add 36~ new devices by the end of the week and have 12 IP's available to do it!
To: graphitone 5 of 15
I'm pretty sure it's a router setting.  That's handled by our Sweden mother ship.

Instead of helping me get this fixed before the end of the week they want me to do an inventory of equipment on the network.  One of the things that pisses me off instantly is answering a question with a question.  I know sometimes you have to gather more info but mother f does that piss me off.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)26 Aug 2014 16:26
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 6 of 15
Send them a jar of pickled herrings, it'll make them feel like you're one of them.

But, and here's the kicker, you piss in the jar first.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 7 of 15
That's cruel!  I love it!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 8 of 15
The thing is, so will they.
To: milko 9 of 15
They won't fool me, I refuse to eat foreign pickles!  And also pig parts!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 10 of 15
I think Milko means they will love it.  :-O
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 11 of 15
Sounds like Dell support to me. There's a script they handle support calls by* and have to go through all available options until they either hit upon your issue or run out of options and have to pass to you a higher level team.

*I have not had to call Dell support for some years so this defamation may be outdated.
To: graphitone 12 of 15
It's a little outdated but still more accurate than not.
To: fixrman 13 of 15
I do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming

I'm all for trying anything once and that, but even across the other side of the room, the smell of this stuff nearly made me vomit.
To: milko 14 of 15
I will try almost anything as well, but after this:

Quote: 
German food critic and author Wolfgang Fassbender wrote that "the biggest challenge when eating surströmming is to vomit only after the first bite, as opposed to before."[13]
~ From the Wikipedia link.

I may not be so adventurous, not that it is likely I could get it in the U.S. anyway. From the sounds of it, piss in the jar might actually improve the odor, if not the taste.
EDITED: 27 Aug 2014 18:00 by FIXRMAN
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 15 of 15
There's no reason it shouldn't work either way really, unless you're forgetting something somewhere... Get me on Hangouts or something when you want.
EDITED: 1 Sep 2014 12:22 by NUKKLEAR