Bzzzzzzz

To: ALL1 of 6
So pretty much all my power supplies for various pieces of equipment are buzzing loads in my new house.

The place has been rewired so should be good but it's really starting to piss me off.

I've read it could be an arc or something. One way to find the source of the issue is an AM radio which I might try tonight.

Power supplies that have been silent in the past are squealing like pigs here.

Any ideas or suggestions?

To: ANT_THOMAS 2 of 6
Maybe the electricity has a higher magnetic delta modulation where you are?

Don't know if the voltage would make any difference but it can vary between areas. 230-245 I've seen, although most places are around 240V still.

Is the new place quieter? The move loosened something in all the transformers and now they buzz? I just read most transformers buzz due to the core expanding/contracting or the magnetic fields causing components inside to rattle.
To: ALL3 of 6
Check your mains voltage coming into the building you may be suffering an overvoltage condition it should be anywhere from about 230v to 245 ish if it is higher (250-260) contact your electricity supplier. or place power conditioners in front of your valuable kit.

We had it in our old offices, it caused hums in power supplies and an increase in the rate our lightbulbs needed changing (3months typically)

Marie.

see attached PDF you might be able to claim compensation if anything prematurely dies
EDITED: 21 Aug 2014 13:57 by MIZZY
To: ANT_THOMAS 4 of 6
Maybe the water from your leak is getting into your power supplies?  I'm no expert but I don't think that's good if it's happening! 
To: ANT_THOMAS 5 of 6
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME, I want to know the full, shocking outcome! What did you do??
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 6 of 6
Nothing yet :(

Been busy/lazy. Need to dig out an AM radio.