PAC file issue

To: ALL1 of 9
Bonjour all.

I know some people out there (Dan at least) have experience with PAC files, and I need a little help.

We've got a firm wide policy that pushes out a PAC file URL in the automatic configuration script field in IE's internet options. I've set tiered groups up on the corresponding proxy, the top one including our librarian and top boss, allowing them to get to any social/streaming media they want, among other categories, at any time.

The librarian's got an issue with using the PAC file on her laptop. The proxy serving it keeps blocking streaming media for her and she's getting antsy 'cos she's trying to preview an embedded youtube vid on a site she's setting up. I've logged on as her on another PC and all's ok. I've logged on as someone else (added into that unrestricted group, so same permissions) on her laptop and again, all ok, the video's there in both scenarios. It's her profile on her laptop that seems to be the issue.

The PCs/laptop I've tested on are all using IE11 on Win7. Does anyone know where IE11 caches PAC files? I've searched her laptop and it's not throwing anything obvious up. I thought getting rid of it under her profile and letting it download again on the next connection might do the trick.

I've been reading that IE11 doesn't support 'file://' locations for PAC files and will only use a web server location, which isn't a problem as ours is hosted on the cloud based proxy. What I've not been able to glean is whether or not it's downloaded and cached at all.

Bag of scraps for anyone able to help!

To: graphitone 2 of 9
format c:
To: ANT_THOMAS 3 of 9
:C

No scraps for you.
EDITED: 7 Aug 2014 14:01 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 4 of 9
WTF is a PAc file?
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 5 of 9
Seriously, or are you taking the piss?  :-@

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 8 Aug 2014 09:36
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 6 of 9
It's a Pacman save game file.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 7 of 9
Oh.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 8 of 9
Bah.

If there was a save game in Pacman it might have allowed this fella to take the odd toilet break.
To: graphitone 9 of 9
Why "odd" ?