Magical Mouse

To: ALL1 of 7
We went up to York for a couple of days last week, and part of the trip was to get a gee-tar for the other half. Where could one find a guitar near York, I hear you ask? Why, at Mouse's Musical Emporium of course!

I was going to take a photo of Mouse playing an ukulele and caption it with "Mouse playing a full sized guitar", but I forgot. Apologies for the lack of amusing photo.

I'd been promised that she was going to sit in the back of the car and play with the guitar all the way back to London, but it didn't happen; I feel strangely disappointed about it. The good news is that, as Mouse had reliably predicted, she picked the guitar she thinks looks better (which also happened to be a better guitar) so she's picking it up more just because she likes the way it looks - win! I've had to order some finger protectors of sorts, it'll take a while for her tiddly fingers to get used to it.

I'm kidding myself that I'm going to learn how to play too - who knows, maybe I do have some remnant of a musical bone in me.

Thank you Mouse! Hope you didn't get too drenched on Saturday.
To: ALL2 of 7
Was amused to read that with Jack White (one of those youngsters I've never even heard) sporting cheap, mail-order guitars they are now regarded as collectors items on eBay and priced accordingly

http://music.cbc.ca/#/blogs/2012/6/The-Black-Keys-and-Jack-White-love-cheap-guitars
Message 41153.3 was deleted
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 4 of 7
Just so you know, I brought a guitar from Mouse for girlfriend once - a lovely Ibanez it was. We broke up shortly afterwards and she kept the guitar.

To: Dan (HERMAND) 5 of 7
I bought a guitar for my ex, though not from Mouse - and then we broke up, and she also kept the guitar. OMG¬!!!1

Let's hope those were just coincidences  :'-( 
EDITED: 11 Aug 2014 14:22 by NUKKLEAR
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 6 of 7
It's Mouse.  He hides lerrrrrrve poetry inside guitars that the boyz are giving to the Layyydeees and seduces them with his louche ways and hippy hair.  I have stuck to illiterate girlfriends with no musical aspirations* and so far, so good.

*and anything sentient, or at least with some of the signs of life.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)11 Aug 2014 18:43
To: Manthorp 7 of 7
The only signs of life that matter are the ability to xxxx xxxx and $!@~\|!