Sending emails and their fonts

To: ALL1 of 9
I'm working on a set of new emails signatures for work, applying them through Desktop Authority via a template including all the formatting and AD fields that needs to be pulled in. We're using calibri light as our main font. Internally, and Outlook to Outlook, everything's fine, but I'm having real trouble getting the fonts to be consistent when sending off to Outlook.com and Gmail accounts, the signature part applied through Outlook 2013 always comes out in Times New Roman. I know that the webmail accounts will support web safe fonts, so I've included a few fallbacks, but they don't appear. This is the coding currently in use after lots of experimentation:

Code: 
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style1 {font-family: Calibri Light, Calibri, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; }
.style2 {font-family: Calibri Light, Calibri, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 8pt; }
-->
</style>
<body>
<span class="style1">Kind regards<p>
<span class="style1"><strong>$adFirstName $adLastName</strong><br>
<span class="style1">$adTitle<p>
<span class="style2">$adHomePhone<br>
<span class="style2">$adMobile<br>
<span class="style2">$adHomePage
</span></span></span></span></span>

Weird thing is that our disclaimer, which is applied through a transport rule in Exchange 2010 displays the fonts correctly in Outlook.com and Gmail using very similar CSS. So, does anyone know of anything in Exchange that could farge about with the email once it's sent from an Outlook client? I've also tried using a trial of Exclaimer signature manager to try and get around it, but even their support guys are drawing a blank with it.  :-&

Edit - Scratch (some of) that.

Looks like it could be a browser thing. :-$ Throughout this I've been defiantly using Firefox. Tried it through IE and everything's displaying ok in both Outlook.com and Gmail. However, why the feck is the disclaimer font appearing ok in both browsers and the signature text only ok in one?

EDITED: 4 Jun 2014 09:53 by GRAPHITONE
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 4 Jun 2014 10:19
To: graphitone 2 of 9
Personally I think it's a bit presumptuous of you to think that all your staff want to send emails with "Kind regards".
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 3 of 9
True enough, there are one or two odd ball solicitors here who deal with litigious matters and as such feel no empathy towards some of their contacts. There's a separate rule in place for them.

The wording's not my decision, I just roll it out to people.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 4 of 9
To paraphrase IT's normal ambivalence to their users: "So?"
To: graphitone 5 of 9
When you say very similar, is it in style tags or inline in style attributes on the tag? As far as I'm aware, GMail and Outlook.com both strip <style> tags from the display, but work quite happily if you inline the CSS in a style attribute.
To: Matt 6 of 9
Ah... that's one to try out this afternoon. :)
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 4 Jun 2014 16:31
To: patch 7 of 9
And that it why IT is held in such derision by their users.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 8 of 9
Nah, we love you all, really. Every single one of you.

To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 9 of 9
Reinstall Windows.