Squid proxy - PAC File

To: ALL1 of 1
I'm wanting to reach out to teh hive linux mind...

A while back I setup a Squid proxy, just a basic config to allow a few super users unrestricted net access.

We now want to start using it a bit more and put it to a better use. I can figure out a URL deny list n'that, but for our satellite office staff we want to use it as a proxy->proxy server.

At the moment we've got a stupid situation where remote office users can get out to the net via our managed internal proxy and that works ok. However our license is up and the company we got it from aren't supporting it anymore, moving all their stuff out into the cloud. Our main office is using their cloud solution via a PAC file, which works well, but remote offices can't see it or use it. :C

We think the routing's jiggered and packets from remote sites are getting lost between coming through our router and getting forwarded onto the firewall. To get around it, we're thinking of getting rid of the router and just using the firewall as a default gateway. However, this is going to take some time to plan, and we're in a situation where the proxy company might cut off our internal proxy.

In the meantime, is there a way to get the squid proxy to pass through internet traffic to the cloud proxy via the PAC file?

Sorry if that doesn't make a lot of sense, I've typed it as I thought it and I'm starving and have sandwiches on my mind. :)