Android battery usage

To: koswix 7 of 12
Some people do report Chrome being quite battery-hungry. I think if you browse a lot the browser will be using the battery, but give Dolphin a go and see if it's any better?
To: koswix 8 of 12
My screen use is normally 30-40% on my Note 2. Its actually at 16% today because my daughter has been playing games in it this morning and must have been using the CPU lots. And for some reason Email is at 35%. That's not right

Data usage (not so much WiFi), browsing, etc. uses the battery really quickly. If I turn my data off and only switch it on occasionally I can get 3 days out of this phone. I don't bother most of the time and easily get a day of pretty heavy usage.

Hadn't thought about the browser being a battery hog. If I didn't like Chrome so much (it's not as smooth as the stock browser tho) I'd consider switching.
To: koswix 9 of 12
Chrome hits the battery pretty hard on my Nexus 7: ~20%/hr of surfing (this is the actual amount the battery indicator runs down).

Also updates will use quite a lot. So for example when it recently updated to Android 4.4.3 and a bunch of apps followed up over the next 3-4 days, running down the battery about double expected.

Leaving the wifi on overnight will use about ~5 -10% even when otherwise doing nothing.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 10 of 12
I'm going to try the stock browser for a day and see if it makes any difference.
Message 40899.11 was deleted
Message 40899.12 was deleted