DNS - Reverse Pointer Help

To: ALL1 of 6
I'm just getting going here at the new job and one of the first things I want to do is see why the network speeds are soooo terribly shitty.  I did find yesterday that they never scavenged stale records so there were multiple entries in DNS for the same IP.  I've fixed that but I then noticed that there are no reverse pointers.  When I try to create them I get a error/message that says:

Quote:
Warning: The associated pointer (PTR) record cannot be created, probably because the referenced reverse lookup zone cannot be found.

There are reverse lookup zones present, and they appear to be formatted correctly.  Has anyone ran into anything like this?  Any ideas where to start to fix it?  I can provide more info if needed!

Thanks!

To: ALL2 of 6
I think it's magic that every time I post a question here the answer comes right after!

Turns out they had changed IP schema recently and didn't fix the reverse lookup zones to reflect that change.  I have that shit working now!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 3 of 6
I'm glad.  I didn't know what the fuck you were talking about, though.
To: Manthorp 4 of 6
Well then maybe I should have you log into this server and fuck with the DNS!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 5 of 6
I seem amply qualified!
To: Manthorp 6 of 6
Yeah, you might be over qualified!  Let me see if I can find something at the zoo with some free time!