Windows Update Won't Update

To: ALL1 of 7
800F082F is the error code. It won't install any updates. The search thing says it has no idea about that. It's a legit Windows 8 installation that used to do updates. I don't know what to do!
To: milko 2 of 7
To: milko 3 of 7
maybe I needed to press restart. As distinct from turning it off and assuming it'd do updates next time it's switched on. Weird operating system.
To: milko 4 of 7
If that doesn't work, try running the attached batch file on the thing.  That resets a lot of the things that cause problems with Windows 7 updates and it should work for Windows 8 too.  Then run Windows update and get it to recheck if there are any new updates and try and install them again.
Attachments:
To: PNCOOL 5 of 7
ta. Pressing the restart button inside windows update did seem to fix it. Weird though!
To: milko 6 of 7
To be honest, I have so many issues these days with Windows Update that I never really expect it to fully work any more.  Even worse though is the help for the error codes.  You click on it and it normally never lists the error number you actually got and you end up typing it into Google anyway.
To: PNCOOL 7 of 7
Haha, I spend my life building shit in different places and this is so true! Half the time repeatedly mashing retry works eventually.