Networking Script

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 4 of 11
What Kos said. Far too much hassle to setup when what you actually need is communication. Though I'm definitely not telling you how to parent because I don't have kids so know fuck all.
To: ALL5 of 11
I think Ken is trying to 'parent'. It seem he has suggested 2 hours a day is enough net access and wants the kids to stick to that - would anyone here be able to do that if it wasn't fixed?
To: JonCooper 6 of 11
Thanks Jon.

I can't hover over them all day, I'm too busy and I've caught them on the computers after we've all gone to bed as well.  I do have an access restriction rule set up that turns their internet off at certain times in the evenings during the week and at a different time on the weekends, but that's not what I'm trying to do with this request.

If I say to them you can use the internet for 2 1/2 hours an evening and then to the garage to do some work or whatever it is I'm currently doing I can't be keeping track.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 7 of 11
But what should they be doing otherwise?
To: ANT_THOMAS 8 of 11
Anything.  My son will spend every waking moment on his computer if I let him.  I just put up his basketball hoop, go outside, get some fucking sun son!  Do your homework!  Help me with projects!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 9 of 11
Do you ask him to do these things? Sounds like he definitely needs a hobby of some sort. 
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 10 of 11
If it helps, I basically the same. The only real exception was cadets which was a huge exception, admittedly.

Anyway, end result is computers pay the bills and I can't afford all of my offline hobbies!
To: Dan (HERMAND) 11 of 11
I am too. I'm not the driving force behind this but I am the one who gets to hear about it non fucking stop.