BT Vision & youview me do

To: ALL1 of 5
Hullo folks. I was wondering if anyone here has a youview box (ideally through BT Vision, but I'm not sure it particularly makes a difference) and what they think of it?

In my research into a fibre-based replacement for our soon-to-be-Sky BE internet connection, I'm struggling to justify spending literally double on an "old skool" ISP versus something mainstream like BT Infinity, especially as at least two people, whose opinions I generally respect, have BT Infinity and reckon it's all gravy, etc.

Now, as far as I can tell, Vision Essentials + Unlimited Infinity 1 on an 18-month contract costs no more per month than just Unlimited Infinity 1 and comes with a 'free' youview box. Taking into acccount the loss of a few months discount and a slightly higher connection fee, the box effectively costs £45 - not bad for a ~£250 bit of kit. I'm not too fussed about the BT Vision extras - just the box.

But I thought I'd do a little diligence and see if anyone had positive/negative thoughts on youview (I believe it's the standard Humax box)...
To: Richy (GAJIT) 2 of 5
I was doing some research recently when we changed from BT to Plusnet because our old BT Vision box would stop working (always found BT (not fiber) to be good) and looked at some reviews of the Humax YouView box. Most seemed to rate it positively but it seemed to have some silly issues (some of which have already been fixed) that people attributed to it being new stuff. Probably for £45 it would be worth getting.

I'll reply to your text soon, away in Paignton at the mo.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 3 of 5
Enjoy Paignton.

And Happy Birthday!
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 4 of 5
So, after much deliberation, I have just ordered BT Infinity with BT Vision Essentials, so free youview box.

Taking everything into consideration, I think I worked out I save over £100 over a year compared to going with someone like Plusnet and buying a youview box from Amazon.

Roll on 27th April!
To: Richy (GAJIT) 5 of 5
Nice one.  And make sure they sort out the shit cabling behind your existing phone socket.