Ker Plunk

To: ALL1 of 10
Dropped my Galaxy S3 in to deep water last night.  Put it in a bag of rice over night and just tried to turn it on.  It seemed to work fine but now the screen is doing strange things.  Fuck me!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 10
Shouldn't have dropped it, duh.... Insurance?
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 3 of 10
Thanks for the great advice!  Nope, no insurance.  The screen works sometimes, other times is has a bunch of crazy lines.  I am going to let it dry some more.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 4 of 10
yeah you maybe shouldn't have turned it on again so soon, pull the battery and put it back under the rice! (if you can pull the battery on these things?)
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 5 of 10
Oh dear. That doesn't sound good. Leave it a bit longer and see if it starts working? My dad dropped his phone in a bucket of PVA last week. Strangely it didn't work after that. Luckily he was due for an upgrade soon and managed to get it early.

I left my DSLR out all night in the rain lat year and surprisingly it still works.
To: milko 6 of 10
Yeah I can pull it.  I'll put it back in the rice until tomorrow.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 7 of 10
My phone was in there at least 3 minutes and it was on the whole time!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 8 of 10
I dropped my camera in saltwater (actually it slid in hanging around my neck -- I slipped on seaweed). I took it home and rinsed it out in tap water, dried it out in the oven and shipped it back to the mfg. They said it was a write-off and shipped it back. I started taking it apart, dripped some wd-40 in it and forced some rewind/shutter gears (not knowing exactly what they did). It started working again. I think I probably fucked up the lens mount alignment though, and the TTL metering was shot. I used it for the next 20 years, and took a lot of good pics with it. For some things (surviving salt water baths), electronics suck.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 9 of 10
I am posting this from my phone! I took it out of the rice and put it on top of my furnace for a few hours. Came home from work and it fired right up! Been using it for a couple hours now. What a relief!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 10 of 10
Cool. I need to do something with my work laptop keyboard which got sprayed with coffee a year ago, and the shift keys mostly don't work (luckily the allcaps still does).