Raspberry Pi Display

To: ALL1 of 9
I was thinking about this today and wondered what you guys (who are smarter than I am) thought about it.

I have a touch screen digital picture frame (not sure on the brand atm) and I am wondering if it could be hacked to be used for a touch screen on the Pi.  I'm almost 100% positive that it's running some flavor of Linux, but it's at home and I'm at work so can't check right now.

What do you think?  I saw, by Googling, that someone has done it with bluetooth, but that would remove the touch screen option.  Surely there has to be a way to make it work?

-Pretty sure this is the picture frame I have.
EDITED: 25 Jan 2013 19:14 by SHIELDSIT
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 9
On the subject of Raspberry Pis as display players, would they be a suitable platform for playing sequenced videos?

I am embarking on a project involving 24, 24 minute videos that must stay in reasonably accurate (to a second or two) sequence throughout a day's playback.  Could I use 24 Pis as media players, with a 25th (or capacity on one of the 24) keeping them all in order?
EDITED: 25 Jan 2013 19:41 by MANTHORP
To: Manthorp 3 of 9
I would think something like that could be done but I wouldn't know how.
To: Manthorp 4 of 9
Unsure about using one to control the rest (but probably entirely possible, especially if you incorporated the GPIO side of things to act as switch), but I'd imagine they would happily play a series of videos. 

Probably wouldn't even need to access a full blown desktop. All done via command line using the OMX player. If everything was encoded in H264 it'll handle the videos with ease.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 5 of 9
Take it apart. Find out the actual make/model of the screen and go from there.
To: ALL6 of 9
Ta Ken & Ta v. much Ant.
To: Manthorp 7 of 9
I think the hardest part would be getting 25 pi's!
To: Manthorp 8 of 9
VLC can act as a master and stream video to its clients (not sure if there's a limit on that - shouldn't be since it'd be UDP based), and the clients can be set to be in synch. I've no idea how well it would work on a Raspberry Pi of course...
EDITED: 25 Jan 2013 22:34 by NUKKLEAR
To: Manthorp 9 of 9
Doing some checking it turns out the Pi doesn't have a real time clock. I'm not sure if that would affect timing or not.