MS Office

To: ALL1 of 7
:@

I actually bought Office (thanks, Rendle). It's proving easier to steal a copy and crack it than to get it to fucking work properly.

My laptop came with the Starter/Trial version installed, so I clicked the link to buy office, gave them 88 quid and got my activation code. Plugged that in, it installed Home & Student version, restarted my laptop (without any warning), installed a bunch of stuff at shut down, 'configured' a bunch of stuff at boot up, then claimed to be finished and opened word.

Now if I click on a document to open it, it takes me back to the Trial screen asking if I want to either buy it, activate it or use the trial. Same as before. :@

I could have pirated and cracked it by now and be writing my fucking shit :@
To: koswix 2 of 7
Has it just installed the full copy additionally to the trial and got it's file associations mixed up? :C
To: steve 3 of 7
Something like that, but the Trial version had disappeared from Add/remove programs.

Putting my serial in the Activate thing again seems to have fixed it (after it spent another 20 minutes 'configuring'.)

Fucking MS :@
To: koswix 4 of 7
Microsoft made me nearly miss a train* the other day, Windows gave me no option to shut down without installing updates, which took about fifteen minutes (I was going away for a week so wanted to power everything down). I had to run :C

*the computer nearly crashed as I typed that, hmmmmm :C
To: koswix 5 of 7
It strikes me* that, if you've got a valid license around, you are then free to install it anyway you see fit.

*IANAL
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 6 of 7
Ironically, Apple might due you for that acronym. Is it some kind of touch-screen-bum-wand?
To: steve 7 of 7