Opinion help me do

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 71 of 93

Exactly, if he was willing to discuss his views (away from his "predictions") that would be great. It could be a slightly interesting discussion, or end up just being an anti-semitic rant (not necessarily a bad thing from a discussion point-of-view), but it would at least be slightly engaging. If he would go into detail about his predictions that would be even better. That's what I've wanted him to do since day 1, I'm genuinely interested in knowing why he's saying the things he is, where he's got his info, what is actually happening with the plates and volcanoes.

I tend to think we're a very odd lot. In one thread we can be throwing abuse at each other (as nasty as we can manage, which isn't very nasty at all :$ ) and in another thread at the same time we're agreeing and friendly.

This is the only forum I post on for discussion, but any others I've come across don't seem to manage the discussion/argument whilst also being friendly at the same time.

To: ANT_THOMAS 72 of 93
Fucking ///w3rd///.

quote:
In one thread we can be throwing abuse at each other (as nasty as we can manage, which isn't very nasty at all ) and in another thread at the same time we're agreeing and friendly.

I absolutely love that about this place.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 73 of 93

Me too

I particularly like when someone is pretty much calling someone a cunt in one thread then offering to help them in some way in another thread.

That might be stating the obvious of how we work on here but I like it. I'm not sure I've ever seen any people being able to separate one from the other in such close timescales. I know I personally hold grudges in the real world pretty easily. If someone annoys me I'm far less inclined to help them in any way, that doesn't seem to happen on here with me.

To: ANT_THOMAS 74 of 93
Aye it's really nice. Pisses me off generally when people aren't able to distinguish between a disagreement about something and a personal attack.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 8 Sep 2012 13:56
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 75 of 93
You two are such a couple of arseholes.
To: ANT_THOMAS 76 of 93
I think that may just mean we're all slightly unbalanced.
To: patch 77 of 93
This is turning into a a hideous love-in, and I'm not going to help extract us from it with this post, I'm afraid: I think it's down to respect.

There isn't a reglier in the possie who doesn't know more, or who hasn't thought more, about something; and generally, it tends to be an area of expertise that's useful or interesting to the rest of us.

Many of us been together a long time, too, and we've shared some major life events along the way; relationships, marriages, kids, illness, bereavements, getting & losing jobs. We've given each other work where we can and helped each other out of some major scrapes. I've known the love that dares not speak its name with the few of of you who aren't riddled with disease.

I will drag Smiffy kicking and screaming into this, too; I think he's a fine example of a recent(ish) addition to the possie who earned his stripes and for whom we earned ours. He & I hit it off badly (probably my fault, it usually is), but neither gave up on the conversation and came to find value in what the what the other had to say.

But then there's Mr. Bastard.
To: Manthorp 78 of 93
Nigel will never be one of us.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 79 of 93
Sadly he isn't even one of 'them'.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)12 Sep 2012 07:46
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 80 of 93
:((

you're all arseholes :Y
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 81 of 93
Bet you wish you were an arsehole.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)12 Sep 2012 07:53
To: Manthorp 82 of 93
It gives me something to strive for. Tomorrow is another day, and one day I might, just might, be an arsehole.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 83 of 93
We can help you, Mr. B. Reach out to us.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)12 Sep 2012 11:57
To: Manthorp 84 of 93
<reaches out />

<touches someone's hand />

<hopes it is a hand />
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 85 of 93
<takes hand away>
<arsehole smile>
To: Al JunioR (53NORTH) 86 of 93
Someone with a rich tapestry of knowledge and experience would probably know that it's "teetotal", not "tea total", which is an extreme afternoon beverage.
To: ALL87 of 93
Well, doesn't that pedantry look nice after all that touchy-feely ostrich-feather-for-the-soul nonsense. I stand by it, though.
To: THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE) 88 of 93
What do I need to do to make my drink extreme?
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 89 of 93
It's the manner of drinking that is important.

Message 39883.90 was deleted