Opinion help me do

To: Al JunioR (53NORTH) 17 of 93
Perhaps if you stopped being a complete and utter fucking nutjob those people would make time for you?
To: ALL18 of 93
Wait a minute guys. It's just dawned on me. He's talking about US! In THIS FORUM! Not some other forum that he's asking us for advice about at all! I am more shocked than that time Maximilian thought we were a serious grown up serious tech forum about serious tech. I miss Maxemilian even if I can't remember how to spell it. I think the first is right but I have this idea he's got a different version, could be totally mistaken.

So I guess the answer is that the teetotal (haha, pedant opportunity! he said "tea total". teehee!) vegan etc and so on person would approach them by rambling on vaguely and always be evasive if pressed for details or clarification, by posting more inconsequential rambling. Because that's what happens. But there would be ways to have it all better.
To: milko 19 of 93
Has there been a large change in your life lately?
To: milko 20 of 93
I was rather pleased about the reference to 'fucking ignorant Yorkshire mentality' as I feel that it was intended to embrace me (among other notable fucking ignorant Yorkshire mentals).

I am certainly going to make sure that I make frequent references to the inconsequentiality of Hamsters in my future posts.

CRIKEY!
EDITED: 6 Sep 2012 13:50 by MANTHORP
To: milko 21 of 93
If we take his post at face value, the obvious sympathetic advice is to suggest that he abandons the loons to their nutritional failings and substance abuse, and seeks out a forum where the members believe that the body is a temple and that the omnipotent they are stirring the oceans with their magic teaspoons.
EDITED: 6 Sep 2012 13:54 by MANTHORP
To: ANT_THOMAS 22 of 93
I ate some tasty lunch a few minutes ago.
To: Manthorp 23 of 93
As a fellow Yorkshireman I feel somewhat special that he's stuck us all together in that branding, it as though he sees Yorkshire as the kingpin of all counties. (nod)

quote:
ladsy about intoxicants

I'm not sure we're at all 'ladsy' about /anything/. The way I understand the term would describe the layabouts extolling the virtues of going on the piss every opportunity and shagging everything that moves while bleating on about the latest episode of The Only Way is Essex. While it's probable that we could include your good self and Mr. B in there, I certainly don't subscribe to it. :-{)
To: milko 24 of 93
Was the hamster roasted or boiled?
To: graphitone 25 of 93
<proud> but <ashamed of being lumped in with le Bastard>
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 6 Sep 2012 14:44
To: graphitone 26 of 93
Oi! I have never watched The Only Way Is Essex! :@

Otherwise, proud to stand guilty as charged, but ashamed of being lumped in with Yorkshire! (flat cap)(whippet)()
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 27 of 93
Boiled in glue.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 28 of 93
But Yorkshire has this:

How could you be ashamed of that?! It's Shipley's answer to a rollercoaster.

site linky
To: Manthorp 29 of 93
Sounds hot.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 30 of 93
Whilst you should be flattered to be lumped in with Yorkshire, i'm not all that keen on having everyone lumped in with us. We're not all that fond of outsiders.
To: MrTrent 31 of 93
<shouts>WHEREABOUTS ARE YOU?!</shouts>
To: graphitone 32 of 93
Hull. Yorkshire's crowning glory[citation needed].
To: MrTrent 33 of 93
:-P

You've not seen the wonders of Bradford recently then?

EDITED: 6 Sep 2012 15:32 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 34 of 93
I try not to see the wonders of Bradford, to be honest.
To: MrTrent 35 of 93
We do have a fair share of local notable nutters though, which help stave off the boredom.
To: Al JunioR (53NORTH) 36 of 93
If you really are talking about here... well, I'll respond point by point.

quote:
Most of the problem is their human-condition. They know little about nutrition

Are you free from the human condition? Am I speaking to a bodhisattva? What an odd thing to say. Our problem is that we're human?

And... we know little about nutrition? :D What the fuck sort of criticism is that? ARGH these people SICKEN me, they know NOTHING of nutrition!

quote:
care less for spiritual well being

I care very much about spiritual well being and I'm pretty sure there are others here who do too. Though I'd never put it in quite those words because they're fairly meaningless. there's a theological discussion in another thread right now. You've not been involved that I've seen. Probably because it's a discussion and you don't tend to do those.

quote:
And they have this fucking ignorant Yorkshire mentality

No idea what that means.

quote:
because he couldn't show empathy or compassion. A wierd, moronic, cloth hat and whippet mentality. And the others would think it funny.

That's simply bollocks. This place is full of compassion. It's largely devoid of false sentiment though, which may be what you're looking for.

quote:
How does a tea total spiritual vegan, with a rich tapestry of knowledge and experience, approach such a bunch of loons?

I've not seen any evidence that you are remotely spiritual, quite the contrary. You seem to be utterly lacking the sort of self-awareness necessary for anything resembling a spiritual curiosity.

This is evidenced by the fact that you never actually enter into discussion with anyone at all. You ignore all requests for you to explain or back up your claims (your posts tend to be declamatory rather than discursive). Moreover though, you seem unaware of this, you seem to think this is normal behaviour, you barely seem aware that other people exist.

I don't give a fuck whether you drink or not. I don't see what that has to do with your ability (or lack thereof) to communicate meaningfully with others. I don't drink, either. Does that make you and I better able to communicate?

I don't think you have a 'rich tapestry' of knowledge. I think you have a smattering of facts and a lot of misinformed, indefensible (demonstrated by your failure to defend it) bullshit combined with a hefty ego and absolute lack of social empathy.

Just to be clear, it's not the stuff about magic beams moving tectonic plates around and all that stuff that puts me off. It's your absolute unwillingness to discuss it. I think, perhaps, that you like feeling like you have access to secret knowledge and that explaining it to others would diminish that feeling. Or perhaps you realise that, since this forum contains many smarter and better informed people than you, they would prove to you that you are living in a fantasy world and you obviously don't want that, you've spent a long time constructing your cocoon of bullshit.

Also the anti-Semitism bothered me. Again, not just the simple fact that you hold such views - anyone can hold whatever views they like here, so long as they can justify them. What bothers me is, again, your utter unwillingness to fucking discuss them.

So no, none of what you said is why you feel like you don't fit in here. We have many nutters here who fit in just fine. The reason you feel like you don't fit in is because you don't discuss anything. You make claims and then refuse to engage in debate and discussion. You act like this is your blog, a place for declamation and monologue. It's not, it's a fucking forum, a place for discussion and dialogue. Your absolute lack of willingness to engage with other people at all is thoroughly fucking insulting to every one of us.
EDITED: 6 Sep 2012 16:19 by X3N0PH0N