Google!?

To: ALL1 of 9
Has Google blocked the ability to move Apps to the SD card? I just got around to moving a few from my phone storage to the SD card and it's not even an option! Some sleuthing says it's Samsung, while others blame Google.

Can someone with ICS confirm or deny this? How about someone (Mouse) with JB?
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 9
Neither of my phones have SD cards..
Message 39734.3 was deleted
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 4 of 9
I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2 on ICS and just moved an app to the SD card. So it's not Google's end that's the problem.
To: ALL5 of 9
I can't seem to figure out who to blame for it. I would imagine someone from xda will figure out how to work around it soon.

Just FYI. Apple has sued Samsung and so Samsung has to remove global search from the S3. That's the app that lets you search your phone info and the web at the same time. Seems that's innovative enough to patent? Fucking Google has been doing that forever with Google Desktop, so I have no idea how Apple can say they invented it?

So anyway, there will be an OTA "security" update pushed out soon and it will remove that. I happen to have the .apk needed to make it work again and if anyone would like it just give me a holler.

On another side note. My phone supports USB OTG (On The Go). Which lets me hook up USB flash drives and hard drives to the phone which are then mounted just like anything else. It also supports mouse/kb/game controllers and audio via that. Here is a very long video showing off USB OTG on the S3. It also shows the HDMI stuff which is pretty fucking bad ass. And just by looking around I see the S2 supports it and so do a bunch of the newer phones.
To: Voltane 6 of 9
There are people blaming Google and others saying Samsung. Looks like it could be Samsung. Hell, it could even be Verizon, but I don't know what anyone would gain by blocking Apps2SD?
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 7 of 9

Over here a judge has denied Apple's claim that Samsung's Tab has infringed the iPad design and ordered Apple to apologise to Samsung on their website.

I belive the Tab is soon to be banned from sale over there due to the same claim.

To: Chris (CHRISSS) 8 of 9
That's why they are pushing out the firmware update. I think it's terrible but I don't matter.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 9 of 9
Some of the things they manage to patent do seem very silly :(