PHP Dropbox/Other Cloud Services

To: JonCooper 51 of 55
I've somehow managed to avoid the forced timeline thing, for my own profile at least, though no idea how.

Anyway, any chance of getting a source for that?

It's probably something like new signups per month, or maybe just people with Google accounts.

Ok, I looked it up and the actual finding is that 78% are satisfied with G+ whilst 61% are satisfied with Facebook - out of 70k Americans interviewed.

I'm not sure how much bearing "satisfaction" has - gien that the ratings for search engines Google, Bing, and Ask are 82%, 81%, and 80% respectively...

Actually, there's a better indication of the quality of results: 84% of those surveyed are satisfied with the FoxNews website.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 52 of 55
Hey, me too! Oh - probably because I haven't logged in in 3 months!
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 53 of 55

That wasn't the part I was disputing, it was the IM/notifications thing.

Actually, if we make a permanent "Podcast" room and invite everyone who's interested, chat is persistent and stuff that's posted while you're offline comes up when you log on. I'm not too sure how it behaves when people in the room are in a call though. Besides, do we want people dropping freely into the podcast while it's being recorded? If someone's late or wants to join after it starts for whatever reason, surely it would be better to co-ordinate that with the people in the call and be invited when they're ready? That can be done fine via Skype.

And I'm not saying G+ isn't perfectly viable, I don't really know the mechanics of hangouts so I can't pass judgement on that. I'm just not sure what's so bad about Skype.

To: Oscarvarium (OZGUR) 54 of 55
Everything is so bad about Skype.

I really don't want to get into an annoying long-winded explanation, so I'm not going to waste time on that at all.

quote:
Besides, do we want people dropping freely into the podcast while it's being recorded?

I do! I would like the podcasts to be as random and undirected as a thread here can be.

I don't actually care how that might be achieved - and I'm pretty sure someone else suggested Hangouts and I just seconded the idea - but again I can't be arsed going on and on about it.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 55 of 55

Pete uses G+ - 521 million people use Skype.

See?