Making Teh Podcast Better

To: graphitone 18 of 53
And ken should provide gunshot noises.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 19 of 53

That's reminded me of a rumour that certain recordings of Gorecki's Third Symphony have gun shots in the background. I'll have to dig out the CD and see if it's the one I've got.

That'll've been Ken again no doubt, messing around. The little gun-toting scamp.

To: graphitone 20 of 53
If he doesn't adopt 'gun-toting scamp' as his forum nickname I'll be sorely (yj) disappointed.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 21 of 53

I'm not sure if scamp translates into 'mercan all that well, you may as well ask him to eat a biscuit in a snikit, and you'll be staring at the same blank expression. :C

Ken - get the name change sorted.

To: graphitone 22 of 53
snikit? :$
To: ALL23 of 53

Just looking at these post on a mobile so will come back after I have had a chance to look at the feedback in a bit more depth.

I love the idea of having a free flowing discussion, but at the moment I think people are a bit nervous being recorded etc and think it would possibly be a bit more meandering and jarring than the last one.

I think have a few topics ready and some prepared thoughts so you are not reliant totally on thinking on your feet as we were in the first episode will help to keep things flowing better and us on track.

The jingle music was awful agreed but it was nice whilst recording to stop and take a break. Maybe as we get more slick it wont take us a bladder busting 3 hours to record :)

Will respond to the rest later, Xen if you want to help mold this you are more than welcome to join us on the recording :)

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 24 of 53
Oh right - I /knew/ that'd come up. :-{)

You need this:

If we can't even agree on how to describe things in our own country, there's no way foreigners are going to get a handle on the language.

It's only regional variations and I'm sure it happens everywhere, but (undoubtedly because we live here) it seems all the more prevalent - those variations are almost an entirely different language in some places with only a relatively small distance between - compare the yokel Yorkshire farmer folk and their dialect with that of a Liverpudlian, and there's, what, a hundred miles between the two? Anyone here travelled enough to see the same sort of thing in other countries?
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 25 of 53
Pre-prepared questions/topics is fine. Just make them good ones :Y
To: ALL26 of 53
I just wrote a big long message then lost it because Android is shit.

Short pissed off summary: Why the fuck is Xen having to put so much effort into explaining/convincing Teh how to be Teh?

The podcast is essentially a virtual mini-meat. None of the meats I've attended have been focused on games/films/music, so why the fuck should the podcast?

Talk about what comes natural, with backup topics if everyone becomes mute. If you start getting too long for one episode (but don't want to stop) then just say "continued next episode", then continue straight on, and split it afterward. No further editing required.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 27 of 53
Why don't I just shoot guns live on the podcast?
To: ALL28 of 53
(Also, meats never have fucking stupid noises played to announce the start of anything.)
To: ALL29 of 53
I hope to be able to make it on this one. I'll just drink large amounts and get shit faced and that will provide enough material for people to make fun of.

I will also provide gun shot noises and sing a little song.

This will all happen as long as Drew attends.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 30 of 53
I somewhat agree, but you have to have some type of outline, or topics, just in case shit turns out terrible and you have silence. I suppose though, it's not live so it can be edited to sound good even if, at the moment, there is no talking.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 31 of 53
Re-read what I wrote.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 32 of 53

I can't fucking read Peter!

*ah I had a friend read me that last line. Good job then Pete, carry on with your world changing commentary!

EDITED: 10 Jul 2012 17:49 by SHIELDSIT
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 33 of 53
Ask your dog for help.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 34 of 53
I edited my post. I'm sooooo sorry to have missed that, old timer!
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 35 of 53
You were obviously not the for the great meat of 2006 where fozza brought the fun with his TV Themes Ringtone Game!

How many people could you crowd around the tiny speaker of an Orange SPV500!

:)

As for not have topics and show notes and a direction for sections ....

ANARCHY AND CHAOS !

ANARCHY AND CHAOS !
To: Oscarvarium (OZGUR) 36 of 53
I can't help wondering what the problem with just cutting together the different 'segments' would be. If the conversation halts, and you're all "um errr what next? *mumble*", just cut that out and make it sound like the conversation around the first topic ended and the next one started. To the listener it should just sound like you decided to talk about something else now; there's no need to have distinct sections, especially since there's no way to jump directly to them etc. Having segments or sections or whatever is a completely arbitrary thing in a continuous sound file.
EDITED: 10 Jul 2012 18:03 by CAER
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 37 of 53
(hug)