It's Here! Teh Podcast

To: Manthorp 9 of 42
You love it really.
To: Oscarvarium (OZGUR) 10 of 42
:-)
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 11 of 42
Can't listen while at work, but I shall listen when I get home this evening!
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 12 of 42
quote:

For future episodes I am banning the following things:

1. That image - Agreed it's pants (make me a better one)
2. Music - Agreed its crap (Find me some better switching audio, Not editing one long take)
3. Talking about hosepipe bans - Noted
4. Talking about your jobs - Meh - Personally thought Oscar's job chat was one of the most interesting bits of the cast.
5. Talking in clichés - Did we ? We probably did..

6. a bit ropey and nervous and meandery - Yep guilty as charged, plan for next week is to build an agenda through out the week on a shared google doc and for the hosts to research it and stick to it.

But yeah, I'm glad you did this. Someone needed to get the ball rolling and I'm glad you've done so. It's a bit ropey and nervous and meandery, being a first episode, but that's to be expected.

I do hope it continues.

Thanks for listening to it and giving the feedback, happy for anybody to jump on as hosts so we'd love to have you on future episodes.
EDITED: 9 Jul 2012 15:50 by FOZZA
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 13 of 42
quote:
Talking in clichés - Did we ?

quote:
guilty as charged

(nod)

But yeah, I posted that before getting to Oscar's bit, which was interesting.

I think a problem in general was that you were kinda listing things. Anecdotes about work are good (if they're good anecdotes) but it was a bit 'I do this and this and this'. Same with the games and films sections (I skipped the music one cos I'd genuinely rather house sea urchins in my nutsack than hear people talk about music) - was a bit 'I've watched/played x, y and z' without much broader discussion and criticism and stuff.

But... I'm nitpicking. Like I do. It was a good first effort and you were all lucid and articulate and surprisingly un-nervous-sounding for a first go.

You make a good host, too.

So thank you, do more!
To: ALL14 of 42

I'm enjoying this more than I thought - it's kind of like listening in to a mini-meet :D

I too played LA Noire when it first ever came out. Loved the concept, but got about 3/4s through and realised I was bored with it.

EDITED: 9 Jul 2012 16:44 by HERMAND
To: ALL15 of 42
:D This is really good.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 16 of 42
You're just jealous because you wouldn't be able to talk about your own job.
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 17 of 42

Definitely need to find some way of recording it all together, rather than trying to sync up three separate tracks. It almost works, but they're just far enough out to sound weird.

Also, I need to move the microphone further away from my face when I'm lighting up.

To: ALL18 of 42
I listened to about 10 mins of it but I struggled. It might be because I rarely listen to podcasts, I will finish it eventually.
To: patch 19 of 42

You also need to stop breathing!!!

Well stop breathing so loudly!

I spent 2hours creating silence on your audio tracks, one to stop your heavy breathing and two to get rid of the echo.

Ŵill post a how we did it post later so people can help us improve the process.

Cheers for the feedback everybody we appreciate it .

To: ALL20 of 42

It's quite good, but too formal.

Also, it's shorter than the install time for AutoCAD 2012 on my laptop :S

To: patch 21 of 42
(giggle)
To: ALL22 of 42

It's as good as the Guardian and Engadget podcasts I listen to every now and again, which are a bit of a small yard stick but really good for a first stab.

You all done a splendid job. It works best when it falls into a conversation. The more that can happen naturally, the less editing and the better it will turn out I think. And Fozza did a great job of steering things.

EDITED: 9 Jul 2012 17:58 by MOUSE
To: ALL23 of 42

Haha, I had to go find this after it was mentioned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tz8oMLufTY

To: ALL24 of 42
I actually enjoyed that, was really well done. I listen to a couple of (gaming) podcasts and you guys certainly had the knack.

Genuinely well done guys.
To: koswix 25 of 42
Crikey. I started installing AutoCAD before listening to the podcast, and it's only just finished now :|
To: ALL26 of 42

I like it! I think I like it mostly because I know you, almost like a hangout where I'm just sat listening.

I'd edit any bits where someone repeats a question.

Wii has internal storage and takes SD cards. I still use mine but it's rare because Tony hogs the telly.

To: Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER) 27 of 42
Settle something for us, would you? Did you come to Alton Towers with us, years ago? I'm sure you did, but early senility is making me doubt myself.
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 28 of 42
If I'm honest, I don't think the music section really worked, especially if there's no music played during it. It's a bit like trying to convert people to your music tastes while knowing that the people you're talking to probably aren't going to be convinced. A bit too subjective, basically.