It's Here! Teh Podcast

To: ALL18 of 42
I listened to about 10 mins of it but I struggled. It might be because I rarely listen to podcasts, I will finish it eventually.
To: patch 19 of 42

You also need to stop breathing!!!

Well stop breathing so loudly!

I spent 2hours creating silence on your audio tracks, one to stop your heavy breathing and two to get rid of the echo.

Ŵill post a how we did it post later so people can help us improve the process.

Cheers for the feedback everybody we appreciate it .

To: ALL20 of 42

It's quite good, but too formal.

Also, it's shorter than the install time for AutoCAD 2012 on my laptop :S

To: patch 21 of 42
(giggle)
To: ALL22 of 42

It's as good as the Guardian and Engadget podcasts I listen to every now and again, which are a bit of a small yard stick but really good for a first stab.

You all done a splendid job. It works best when it falls into a conversation. The more that can happen naturally, the less editing and the better it will turn out I think. And Fozza did a great job of steering things.

EDITED: 9 Jul 2012 17:58 by MOUSE
To: ALL23 of 42

Haha, I had to go find this after it was mentioned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tz8oMLufTY

To: ALL24 of 42
I actually enjoyed that, was really well done. I listen to a couple of (gaming) podcasts and you guys certainly had the knack.

Genuinely well done guys.
To: koswix 25 of 42
Crikey. I started installing AutoCAD before listening to the podcast, and it's only just finished now :|
To: ALL26 of 42

I like it! I think I like it mostly because I know you, almost like a hangout where I'm just sat listening.

I'd edit any bits where someone repeats a question.

Wii has internal storage and takes SD cards. I still use mine but it's rare because Tony hogs the telly.

To: Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER) 27 of 42
Settle something for us, would you? Did you come to Alton Towers with us, years ago? I'm sure you did, but early senility is making me doubt myself.
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 28 of 42
If I'm honest, I don't think the music section really worked, especially if there's no music played during it. It's a bit like trying to convert people to your music tastes while knowing that the people you're talking to probably aren't going to be convinced. A bit too subjective, basically.
To: Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER) 29 of 42

Lego games are all shit.

That is NOT the plot of Source Code at all. The dude doing the wandering and investigating was never on the train in the first place, the source code allows him to take over the body of someone else. It's an awesome film.

I would edit "How shall we do this bit?" bits.

There wasn't enough swearing.

Although you introduced yourselves at the start, I'd repeat who you are at the end, I just think it sounds better. (Feel free to totally disagree, natch).

8.5/10

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 30 of 42

I think the reason we started just listing games and films is because one starts feeling a bit rushed after a while of talking about something. The games section wasn't really like that, I didn't think, but then we started doing the music and films bits knowing that we'd already waffled for 45 minutes about games and still had a lot to get through. We even dropped the gadget section altogether because of it.

I suppose one option would be to just have a couple of sections that at least a couple of the participants know something about. So games and gadgets would be a good start (depending on the attendees, obviously). Or a Q&A type thing about one or two of the current pet projects, or even people's jobs if they're interesting like Oscar's job. Ask Me Anything seems to work on Reddit, after all.

To: patch 31 of 42

It's all going to be subjective !

Music section suffered because you and I know nothing about music :) it might be better next week if we have a researched section built up over this week :)

To: Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER) 32 of 42

Lego games are not shit. They're suprisingly good. Honestly, Dan, normally you're not wrong about much, but this time you're just way off the mark.

That shows how much I remember about Source Code, doesn't it? But I do remember that the Source Code or whatever it was called only allowed him to take over the memories of a single person. So how did that person's memories include getting of the train altogether and having a look inside a van parked at a train station? How would the memories include any part of the interior of the van?

I don't think the "How shall we do this?" bits need editing (editting?). They'll disappear as more are done, and it saves us from sounding too professional.

To: patch 33 of 42
I did! None of us brought a camera and there was a brilliant picture of us all on the water rapids that I was very close to buying.
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 34 of 42

I'm impressed. Well done guys.

The 'link' music between the first and second sections - was that sampled from the character select in Street Fighter 2?

To: graphitone 35 of 42
It was a mash up of many console loading /start up screens
To: ALL36 of 42
I'll stick this on my phone and listen to it on the way to work tomorrow in the car :)
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 37 of 42
quote:
Attachments have been disabled by the forum owner
Is that true? And, any special reason?