teh Memories

To: ALL1 of 19
It's been a long time since I was last on here - and a long time before that.
Looking around again after this time, I still spot some familiar names! (I think, at one point I was under biggles007[2003] - something along those lines)

It's taken me for a bit of a trip down memory lane, and thought I'd share my snippets of dealings with teh, and then see what others can add it it B-)

So, I recall the old PC Format Forum - hosted by Delphy (sp)
I think they then axed their forum, so everything moved to NPCFF (Not the PC Format Forum, or something like that) on the add-supported free version of Delphy.
Have I got that right so far?

Now, I recall the move to beehive/teh - and the early discussions around how it should look (loosely based on Delphy?), and was quickly agreed to write in PHP (which brought a swift end to any worthwhile contribution I could have made!).
I don't really remember why it moved - was it due to Delphy shutting up shop, or something else?

I recall there being a bit of a 'fad' around the use of Flash (Macromedia back then) - I think we had an in-house flash-script expert, and we pretty much all had flash-based signatures - some pretty jazzy ones at that! And then there was the phase of everyone have 'all your base are belong to us' in their signature too.

Couldn't tell you what caused me to stop coming - just one of these things I guess.

Well, hope that revived a few memories for a few - good times eh?

Edit:
Wow,  it's still there
EDITED: 14 Jul 2012 10:06 by MATT
To: Extrobe (ALDREDD) 2 of 19
Hello! I remember you. What are you doing nowadays?
To: milko 3 of 19
corr - where do I begin!
Mostly working - spent a few years living & working in Czech Republic, and now living in India for a couple of years. This, + married + kid = little xbox time :'-(
To: Extrobe (ALDREDD) 4 of 19
quote:
Couldn't tell you what caused me to stop coming - just one of these things I guess.

(nj)

Or "No, John", as we used to say, back in the olden days.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 5 of 19
We were so inefficient.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 6 of 19
I'm surprised (nj) (and (yj) ) haven't been turned into emoticons yet. Perhaps they just work better as text.
To: af (CAER) 7 of 19
I'm not entirely sure they *could* be turned into emoticons, but I welcome any suggestions. (About turning them into emoticons. Not about anything else. That kind of imprecise language is how I ended up discussing whether I could fit a walk-in shower in my bedroom.)
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 8 of 19
Nothing like ambiguity.
To: Extrobe (ALDREDD) 9 of 19
That sounds exciting! The Czech and India bits I mean, I don't care about the rest ;-)

What led into all that stuff then, and are the family happy to travel with you?
To: milko 10 of 19
The company I work ('a retailer') for operates out of quite a few countries, and been lucky enough to been able to work from a couple of them. Amazing experiences - but difficult as hell. And yes - took several days of convincing before she even started to realize I wasn't pulling her leg and was indeed asking her to move to India.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 5 Jul 2012 14:31
To: Extrobe (ALDREDD) 11 of 19
Hello there, I remember you vaguely. I used to post on the old forums as SIMON_R or SIMON_ROBERTS. But I've lost a lot of weight since then. Dragon points, pony pr0n, those were the days.
To: Extrobe (ALDREDD) 12 of 19
Eyup Aldredd, loooooooong time no see. Good to hear from you. (((((Aldredd)))))
To: Manthorp 13 of 19

Thanks!

Feels good that many of you remember me - feel's a little bit like returning to the town you grew up in!

To: Extrobe (ALDREDD) 14 of 19

Welcome back.

I too remember you, however you were around during my uni years (delphi and NPCFF).

Frankly I am amazed I remember anything of those days!

Has anybody offered you tea?

Message 39674.15 was deleted
To: Extrobe (ALDREDD) 16 of 19
I don't remember you, but then I'm insignificant so I wouldn't let it put a downer in your feel good factor.

Tea?
To: Extrobe (ALDREDD) 17 of 19
I think I have a vague recollection of the name, but that's about it.. likewise I'm sure.
To: ALL18 of 19
Do you not remember? Aldredd was the guy who had the gender reassignment shortly after he was acquitted of the Kennedy assassination.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 19 of 19
Ha- I remember Simon R, and I remember you. I never realised that you were one and the same.