Where is the £ Key?

To: ALL1 of 76

I could easily Google this, but I'd rather make fun of you! :-P I was reading today that not only do you guys have a £ key (which I had to copy and paste) you also get a $ key! That is /not/ fair!

Is there a symbol that they had to omit to fit the pound key on there? Also do you have this pound key #?

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 76

Our £ is done by Shift and 3, # (which is /almost/ exclusively referred to as hash) has it's own button next to Enter.

If you ever have a genuine need for a £ symbol (other than here) then hold Alt and press 156.

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 3 of 76
That ( # ) is not pound, that is hash. This is pound: £,it is called pound because it represents the pound. Americans should stop calling hash pound. Also it's not period, it's full stop.

But yes, we have £ and $ and also €
To: Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER) 4 of 76
Alt 156 doesn't do anything for me but make my computer beep.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 5 of 76

Now, now. When I call someone and they say press 1 for blah blah and press pound for such and such this (#) is the key we press. I've never heard it called hash, so therefore you are /wrong/.

I like saying that, but I'm sure I'm wrong, in some weird colonial way. (fail)

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 6 of 76
Yes, you are wrong in a weird colonial way. It is good that you are learning.

I've made you a handy diagram to show you all the places where your keyboard is incorrect.
EDITED: 16 Aug 2011 05:33 by X3N0PH0N
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 7 of 76
See, I knew this would be much funner than just Googling it!

Your keyboard is a fucking mess! How do you type on that thing? Is the keyboard on your phones the same way?

quote:
The voicemail system will prompt you to select a permanent four-digit PIN and to press the pound (#) key. You will be prompted to enter it again.

See, I knew I was right when I said that whatever you guys over there do, we do something different. Why can't we all just get along?
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 8 of 76
Hey, it's not our fault. You're the ones who decided to set up some assbackwards new country where you worship money and do things incorrectly.

When we call phone things which require input they tell us, where appropriate, to press the hash key. Because that is what it is called. I think you need another constitutional amendment to fix this.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 9 of 76

oh man, I'm sitting here laughing at that. Your logic can't be denied.

Hey on a completely unrelated topic. Who is Geert Wilder? I am reading a speech he gave today? about Islam. Would love to hear your position on it if you've read it.

EDITED: 2 Jun 2011 03:01 by SHIELDSIT
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 10 of 76
Ok from a quick google he's a neonazi politician from Holland. So no doubt I'll be disagreeing.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 11 of 76
This is the speech I'm reading.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 12 of 76
That site's title is oxymoronic.

<has a read>
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 13 of 76
(fail) you're so mean. I think you and Mr. Bastard are brothers.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 14 of 76
Yeah, I don't think you'll be agreeing with him. This is his wiki.

I'm not going to post any more about it until you reply because I'm pretty sure my view on Islam is very different than yours or others here. And not ever really known any Muslims I can't be sure my opinion is correct. Because, of course, mine is based on the few who thought it would be cool to fly fucking jets into sky scrappers. And that would be like you having a view on all Christian or other religions because of the few nut jobs you see from American TV.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 15 of 76
Ok had a quick skim and yeah it's just the usual neo-nazi nonsense.

I think firstly you have to separate Islam out from the behaviour of Islamic states and individuals. The actions of these states and peopel is no more representative of Islam than the USA's actions are of Christianity. The IRA were not Christian terrorists, they were just terrorists (or freedom fighters, depending on perspective). Those Catholic Priests who sexually abused children were not representative of Christianity. The Tokugawa Shogunate were not representative of Buddhism. And so on and so on.

The west is not "under attack" by Islam. Western culture will certainly be influenced by large numbers of Muslim immigrants, just as it was by countless waves of other immigrants over the millennia. The slightly hidden assumption is that this is a bad thing, which remains to be proven.

It's the same old stuff. It used to be (in Europe/Britain) directed against the Jews (well, the Jews still get it, sadly). Then it was the blacks and Indians, then the Pakistanis and now it's the Muslims in general and to a lesser extent the Eastern Europeans. There's nothing new in it and its no more a compelling argument now than it was 500 years ago.

We're always afraid of people we see as 'other' encroaching on what we see as ours. And we're always afraid that our culture will be eroded, which supposes that culture was ever a fixed, static thing and that it's something that can and should be protected, which is pretty ridiculous.

H8rs gonna h8.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 16 of 76
You're right on about that, so how can you be so wrong about the (#) pound key?
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 17 of 76
Stop eroding my culture you fucking muslim.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 18 of 76
You watch it mister, or I'll whatever the bad things muslim's do and you won't like it!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 19 of 76
:C

Ok now I really am going to go try DX:HR
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 20 of 76
Have fun. I'll talk to you tomorrow!