Help

To: ALL1 of 9
Don't know if you've seen this before Matt but I can only view the thread titles pane, the messages pane has vanished! It appears to be tied to my login as when I log in as guest it doesn't happen, also it's not browser specific as I've tried it in IE, FF and Chrome on both Windows and OSX!

It happened after clicking a link in a message someone posted this morning which failed to launch properly.
To: Ixion 2 of 9
Should be fixed for you now.

Do you remember which link it was and which browser you were in at the time that the messages pane first disappeared?
To: Matt 3 of 9
Cheers Matt, that's fixed it, I was in Firefox 4.0.1 on OSX, I'll have a look through the recently viewed threads and see if I can work out which link it was!
To: Matt 4 of 9
Broke it again! It was the Golf link in the cars thread that did it, works fine if I open in a new tab but clicking it directly breaks things!
To: Matt 5 of 9
I get the message pane auto-shrunk when I click any of the three links ( msg:38479.1 ) but I can then resize it back and carry on as normal.

Firefox 4.0.1 here.

Logged on with Chrome and the thread list was slightly larger, but messages still there, and weird shrinking behaviour doesn't occur for those links.

test 1
test 2
test 3
test 4
test 5
test 6
test 7
test 8
test 9
EDITED: 13 May 2011 17:46 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 6 of 9
Same here now, I wonder whether it autoshrunk to the side of the screen before and I just didn't notice as the scrollbar on the side looked like it applied to the message title pane rather than the main pane.
To: Ixion 7 of 9
For me, the scrollbar on the side is for the threadlist - I don't get the messages one until I resize it enough to make it fit.

I think I've narrowed it down to URLs containing "/advert/", which makes me wonder if it's something to do with AdBlock Plus.

And...Yep. If I disable ABP for tehforum.co.uk, it doesn't happen.
EDITED: 13 May 2011 17:50 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 8 of 9
Good detective skills, I also have ABP installed!
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 9 of 9

Yes, very nice detective skills.

You should probably log this as a bug with Adblock plus developers, although it might be worth seeing if it can be replicated on other frame based sites and other Beehive Forum installations first.

If you can produce a simple test case to submit that would be better than linking them to here in case it brings a lot of traffic our way.

EDITED: 13 May 2011 20:06 by MATT