Damn

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 37 of 47
Nope, I hate it.

I have really, really sensitive skin so shaving (wet or electric) absolutely obliterates it and often leaves me with a rash (especially on the bottom of my jaw / top of my neck (even though I don't shave my neck!) that can get really irritating, and this is regardless of the soap-free / sensitive (and expensive!) stuff I smear all over my face before and / or after the event.
To: Matt 38 of 47
Glad it's just not me. Wish I could afford electrolysis on my face!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 39 of 47
I don't despise shaving, but I despise the effect it has on my skin. If I electric shave it leaves me with a rash and doesn't remove all of the growth as it's very fine. If I wet shave every day, my skin gets very bumpy, sore and bleeds everywhere. At the moment I (wet) shave once a week but I can handle twice if I have an interview or somewhere else I need to look nice. I much prefer me all clean shaven, it feels like "me" but it just doesn't happen that often.
To: ALL40 of 47
I used to hate shaving. Now I use a shaving brush, traditional DE razor and a nice shave cream. Feel like a GENTLEMAN :-{

also it's a super close shave and skin feels nice afterward and the blades cost about twopence each.

http://www.edwinjagger.com/ make my stuff apart from the blades which I think I'm mostly using Gillette Bleue at present. http://www.royalshave.com/p/409-024-01/gillette-bleue-double-edge-razor-blades.html you can get hundreds a go for not much on ebay.
To: milko 41 of 47
Have you tried Ultra Shave? It's used to be about £15 a bottle but you can get multiple bottles on ebay for v cheap. It's my current shaving cream/after shave balm of choice.
To: ALL42 of 47

I haven't had a clean shave in over 5 years now.

The hair left on my head gets the shortest my hair clippers can do, no guard, face gets the shortest my beard trimmer can do, once a week usually.

EDITED: 6 May 2011 17:34 by ANT_THOMAS
To: ALL43 of 47
A few years ago 'Tomorrow's World' asked people for ideas of inventions they would like to see in the future.

My idea - which was read out - was for some kind of depilliation cream, similar to the stuff women use on their legs, to be produced strong enough to tackle beard stubble but not in a skin damaging way.

So far, no-one has taken up the idea :(
To: Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER) 44 of 47
No, I'll give it a look thanks. At the moment I think I'm using something by "The Real Shaving Company" whatever they are.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 45 of 47
All the ladies loved my shirt!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 46 of 47
All what ladies, and how exactly did they express their love?
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 47 of 47
Well I have to be careful because I'm married, but all the ladies at work were ogling me. At least in my mind they were!