PHP Wizards

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 9 of 101

Hmmm, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any foreign keys setup then. :/

Anyway, this is a rather long-winded video that explains how to create a diagram, if you're able to connect via Management Studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMbPRHeYvMU#t=40s

EDITED: 18 Apr 2011 23:29 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 10 of 101

Peter my ad was for a PHP wizard, not for going back to school to learn to be a php wizard! :-O

Just messin. I appreciate you looking at it. I can access the Management Studio.

Oh and speaking of that, sorta. Would you do what I'm trying in PHP or in the SSRS? I haven't been too fond of the reporting services but it could probably do what I wanted as well.

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 11 of 101
Well, I would do what you're trying to do in CFML, because it's way better than PHP. ;P

I've never used SSRS, but all similar report-generating software I've tried has been a bunch of crap, so ... *shrug*
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 12 of 101

I love ColdFusion and would prefer using it but the Developer version only allows 2 connections and if this works I'll need more than that.

You know what you should do. Develop a program that converts php to cf and vice versa. You could probably make some good money.

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 13 of 101
That's one of the reason I don't use ColdFusion any more, I use Railo which is way better. :)

I have very seriously considered writing a PHP -> CFML converter.
I'm not convinced it would actually make money though?
EDITED: 18 Apr 2011 23:59 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 14 of 101

So the tags are the same? Is it free? That could be a sweet deal there!

I bet you could make a few dollars if you made a converter. I've needed to do it from time to time and a few dollars for software to do it over me would have been a no brainer.

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 15 of 101
Yep. LGPL Free Software and Open Source.

Anything from ACF8 and below will almost certainly work on the Railo 3.2, with a few deliberate exceptions.

You can even download a 50MB express version and give it a try without even sitting through a stupidly long install process.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 16 of 101
Dude I'm all over that. Thanks for letting me know about it! I'm much more fluent in CF than PHP.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 17 of 101
Thing is, if I made a converter, I couldn't not give it away, so any money would only come through donations, and I don't know if that would be enough to cover the effort spent on it.

Also, whilst a direct port is do-able, and might even be relatively straight-forward, it wouldn't necessarily produce good code.

Damn it, you're making that conundrum I have even more complicated! :'(
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 18 of 101

%-)

It's funny that you have considered it.

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 19 of 101
No problem, I've been a huge fan of Railo for ages. It's really awesome! (bounce)

If you do have any problems getting going, there's a mailing list where you'll find lots of friendly helpful people. :)
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 20 of 101
I can't seem to get it connected to IIS, which isn't a big deal. But can you tell me where I should put my cfm files so Tomcat can parse them? I can't seem to find a wwwroot or anything like that.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 21 of 101
Nevermind. I took the time to read the debug info and found the path I needed! :-((
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 22 of 101
Hmm, the installer should do the IIS connection automatically.
(Since you've mentioned Tomcat I assume you went for the version with the installer?)

You can change the path in server.xml
xml code:
<Host name="domain.com" appBase="webapps">
        <Alias>www.domain.com</Alias>
        <Context path="" docBase="/path/to/webroot"/>
</Host>

The server.xml is inside tomcat's conf directory.
For Windows/IIS, the docBase would be "c:/inetpub/wwroot" by default, I think?
The appBase setting you can leave alone (even if it's different), but it should be there, or you get WEB-INF directories all over the place (you'll get just one in your webroot if it's working normally).

I guess you've probably only got one Host record so far, (for localhost), you can either add/modify the Context tag for that, or go ahead and add a new one at the same level, (and you can use IP address if you don't have a domain).

Make sense?
EDITED: 19 Apr 2011 13:44 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 23 of 101

It does and I'll mess with it when I am ready to roll this out.

As of right now I have this fucker spitting out exactly what I am after!

Thanks so much man, this is just what I was looking for without the $thousands in costs!

ta!

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 24 of 101
Woohoo! (woot)
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 25 of 101

Now to figure out how this math is being applied and get this shit working!

I really enjoy coding, but don't get to do it very often anymore. I'm sure glad I held on to my CF books. I bet it's been 5 years since I've coded any CF. But it's kind of like riding a bike.

I don't know about you, but I think it's a very easy language and it just makes sense to me. PHP is kinda like it, but I have more trouble with it for some reason.

To: ALL26 of 101
SHIELDSIT and Peeb sitting in a tree...
To: ANT_THOMAS 27 of 101
C O D... I N G :C
To: steve 28 of 101
P R O Gramm I N G?