Access 2007 help

To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 6 of 12
td is me mistyping t1 :'(

For the real table names, you can just change the table1/table2 and leave t1/t2 as is, or you can switch the t1/t2 to use the full table names, or you can come up with your own alias
(I generally use the first one/two characters of each word for aliases - less typing but still understandable within the context).

I tried to find a good explanation of what the "LEFT JOIN" and "SUM/GROUP BY" bits are doing, but couldn't find anything that looked useful.

A left join is basically lining up all the rows in a pair of tables, but unless a regular "inner" join, a left join says "if I've got a row on the left table, but not on the right table, still include it". (any rows in the right table but not on the left are excluded from a left join). In this case it means anything without any spares price is still listed - with a regular join it would not be.

The sum function is an aggregate function, meaning it applies to multiple rows - (it adds the numeric values of a bunch of rows) - which you identify by grouping together rows using the group by command at the end.

Does that make sense?
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 7 of 12
It's starting to make more sense, thank you for the explanation. Let's see how it works out tomorrow.
To: ALL8 of 12
I wish to thank Peter for his help over the last couple of week on this access DB, he is a gentleman and will receive all the biscuits and tea he asks for from now on!
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 9 of 12

I would also like to thank him for helping me with CF and SQL Queries.

From me he will receive 7 lashes with a wet noodle.

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 10 of 12
Why seven? :@
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 11 of 12
Good question, and I have no idea. It's just what number my fingers decided on and typed!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 12 of 12
I will not accept seven. Six or eight, fine, but not seven. :@