Jumper

To: ALL1 of 8

I give this film four out of five bears (three brown and one polar). It's a good premise believably realised, and the special effects are for the most part pretty understated whilst also being awesome.

And as long as you remember that it wasn't Hayden Christensen's fault that the Star Wars prequels sucked arse, he does a pretty good job.

To: THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE) 2 of 8
Surely it was partly his fault? He said the words aloud and stuff.
To: milko 3 of 8

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Sums it up pretty nicely methinks. 

EDITED: 15 Feb 2008 11:16 by Y2RICH
To: THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE) 4 of 8
When I went to see Revenge of the Sith people laughed at how bad Hayden Christensen was.
To: sinkywinky 5 of 8
Yes, but it's almost impossible to be good with the fucking appalling nonsense that Lucas gives people to say. Some fine actors (Neeson, MacGregor, L. Jackson) somehow got themselves involved with those prequels and they all ended up looking like total cocks. It's just unfortunate for Christensen that it was his first major role, and that he got some of the worst lines. Lucas can't write for shit, but he can write a love story even less.
To: ALL6 of 8
Who doesn't love the resurrection of a >10-yo thread, apologies to Jesus?

I found a ROTS "full screen" dvd in the laundry room a few months back, where folks in our building toss stuff that someone else might want. So here's my ROTS (full screen edition) TWR:

Gloriously cheesy and hyperactive, fulsomely fulfills Lucas's Saturday matinee aspirations.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 7 of 8
T'was the best of the prequels. I listened to an interview with Peter Serafinowicz today about his part in the first prequel film and his experiences with Lucas. When he was doing the lines for Darth Maul, Lucas sat in the booth with him, so Peter asked for some direction with what he needed to do with character, how he should characterise the voice, background etc. Lucas told him 'to make him sound evil' (fail)
To: THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE) 8 of 8
Oh look, it's my counterpart.