Sony you muppets.

To: ALL1 of 13

Sony, you muppets, stick to gaming. Thats what consoles are all about.

Blu-Ray - Fuck off. You can easily deal with that through the superlative players and recorders you produce. There are still adults out there that dont want a gaming system but want Blu-Ray players.

HD - No fuck off. Wait untill the whole world has stopped producing CRT TV and Monitors.

Online/Internet - Fuck that for a game of soldiers. PCs are out there.

Wireless controllers - Yes we want want want.

Motion sensor controllers - Yes yes yes, I want want want.

HardDrive - No fuck off. If you need extra memory, add some to the system memory.

Most of all, if you continue with this line of home/system, PC et al in flavour, in 10 years time no cunt will know the difference between a PC and a console, and people will be stratching there heads thinking whats the point.

Please go back to your roots. Consoles are for gaming only. Do this with the advent of Motion sensor controllers and a new way to game. This is the key to the future of gaming.
HELL, I even move about now, when playing games, im swaying from side to side when playing GT 4 trying to catch up to first place man.
HELL, give me a boxing game, where I can actually punch the air with a controller in my hand to play the game.
Give me physical gaming, because this is the future of console gaming.
Give consoles the edge again over PCs. Cause PCs suck.
Consoles are the furture Sony. Do you hear me Sony?

To: Username 2 of 13

No they aren't, and you're wrong.

The merging of consoles and PCs to the extent that either can be a "digital media centre" is the future, and it makes sense. Just because you're apparently unable to see that doesn't change the facts.

To: Username 3 of 13
What makes you think that this forum is the best place to draw the Sony Corporation's attention to your unfocused and incoherent opinions, young Trig? There aren't many highly placed Sony executives in the possie as far as I'm aware.
EDITED: 22 Nov 2006 08:10 by MANTHORP
To: ALL4 of 13
mental
To: Username 5 of 13
What's wierd there is that from what you describe, your perfect console is a Wii as it meets almost all of the criteria you've set :)
To: Username 6 of 13

You need Nintendo Wii!!! :0)

While I actually agree with what your saying, I don't your expressing yourself as coherently as you might.

I liked when consoles were simple. The beauty was that you plugged a game in and turned it. Huzzah, gaming. You didn't have to worry about how much memory you had left, or if you system was cofigured correctly, or getting the latest patches. That was all for PC gamers. Consoles makers need to remember that console gaming should focus on simplicity.

To: Ally 7 of 13

Personally, I prefer the idea of a purist gaming console that doesn't have internet browsing, dvd playing, photo management etc etc etc.

I just want a wee machine that plays games. End of story.

Dedicated hardware. That's where I lay my hat.

To: Dave!! 8 of 13

Lol.

[places Sony badges on all Wii's]

To: Wayne (SCOREZ2000) 9 of 13
It's not a "Nintendo Wii", it's just "Wii".
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 10 of 13
Oooooooooooooohhhh look, it's the head of the pedantic society!
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 11 of 13
Ummmmm, look at the title on this page, in the title bar of your browser: http://wii.nintendo.com/
To: Wayne (SCOREZ2000) 12 of 13
quote:
Oooooooooooooohhhh look, it's the head of the International Pedantry Society!

:)
To: Wayne (SCOREZ2000) 13 of 13
Um, Wii.Nintendo.com ?

That's just the web address.

Read the website - there's no "Nintendo Wii" on it anywhere, and that's because Nintendo have explicitly stated their company name is not to be prefixed to the product name...
quote: Official Nintendo Style Guide: A Guide to the Proper Usage of Some of Nintendo's Products
It is simply Wii, not Nintendo Wii.