LP :meow:

To: ALL1 of 64
EDITED: 16 Aug 2008 17:25 by LP
To: lp 2 of 64
I've got to be honest, I was expecting an animated GIF.
To: Ally 3 of 64
me too, are we bad ?
To: JonCooper 4 of 64
I blame the internet for creating the expectation in the first place.
To: lp 5 of 64
That a tribute?

Is it wrong that the way America's behaved since then has caused me to be irritated rather than sympathetic by this day of remembrance, even though I know it was genuinely innocent people that died?

Plus, I guess, stuff like the anniversary of the Thailand tsunami getting pretty much 0 minutes of spotlight. Yeah America you've got it tough.
To: andy 6 of 64
Yeah, me too in a way. I mean, I always cringe at overemotionality (Diana funeral, anyone?) but the amount of death and destruction dealt out by the US since Sep 11th leaves me a little cold towards any commemoration stuff.
Message 30586.7 was deleted
To: andy 8 of 64

My feeling about the actions of the American government in Iraq (& their other foreign policy) are documented.

The events of September 11th 2001 were the moment I became honestly aware of the truly horrible things that people do to each other & everything that has happened since has appeared to have been a horrific reaction to that.

Am I pissed off that people are being killed by my government & the US government? Yes!

Is this a good day to think about the hundreds of thousands of people who have died leading up to & in response to the attacks on that day? Yes!

The Tsunami is a separate thing, and a natural event (as was the Pakistani Earthquake & the Hurricanes in America) & can't really be compared to people killing each other.

Plus, watching the Naudet brothers' documentary again last week reminded me of the human factor.

To: ALL9 of 64
quote:
The Tsunami is a separate thing, and a natural event (as was the Pakistani Earthquake & the Hurricanes in America) & can't really be compared to people killing each other.

In what way can they not be compared? Lots of people died. Lots more, in fact. Just because they weren't killed by other people doesn't mean that it shouldn't be commemorated.

And it isn't. Not compared to the national cry-fest that is Sep 11th.
EDITED: 11 Sep 2006 23:29 by ALLY
To: lp 10 of 64
That was supposed to be to you.
To: lp 11 of 64

Big deal.
I dont celebrate anything as an aniversary thats surrounded in negativity.
Earth, the globe is about positive memories.

I wanna forget 911 or what ever they call it, asap.

EDITED: 11 Sep 2006 23:50 by USERNAME
To: Ally 12 of 64

I didn't say they shouldn't be commemorated!

Whatever dude, just whatever.

To: ALL13 of 64

^ This is where you, me and all human beings live ^
To: JonCooper 14 of 64
Am I bad to think/point out the glowing willy? :$

--

It's sad that lots of people were murdered this day five years ago, and that so many people have been murdered since that day. But I don't think I really understand tributes and commemorations and stuff... um, not sure how to put it into better words, so I'll go for the blunt not-quite-what-I-mean approach: What's the point?
How does one decide which events should be tributted?
How long should an event remain commemorated?
Etc
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 15 of 64

>>What's the point?

What a daft question.
If you don't care, don't piss on those who do.

>>How does one decide which events should be tributted?

We each decide for ourselves what things we wish to pay tribute to based on how events affected us.

Sometimes, events happen which mean that other people want to pay tribute to things more than others.

>>How long should an event remain commemorated?

We still commemorate the 5th of November (401 years) Armistice Day (88 years) & probably others.

To: lp 16 of 64

But seriously, I keep getting reminded why I fucked off in the first place.

Cya.

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 17 of 64

The fact of the matter is this.
Media. Technology. Numpties in control of these two things.
Were there digital camera's being used during the Battle Of Hastings in 1066. No.
Its not about looking at pictures no more. Its about who and why are these numpties presenting me with these pictures.
So, in light of this, I am now actually physicaly blocking stuff from my mind mentally.

Did humans have digital camera's when jesus was around. No.
Can you imagine of they did?
The truth would be there in color if they did. All this bullshit about parting some sea would be shot down in flames, because the truth would be photographed.
Have there been any human beings since then that have managed to part a sea?

Anyways... 911...RIP. Always forgetton, never remembered. Only at the time of the event did I observe this sad and tragic day.

Hello 2006.

To: ALL18 of 64
They should build another WTC in there asap. With some memorale plaque or somthing.
To: Username 19 of 64
Dumbass Americans. If something gets knocked down. It should be rebuild. !
To: Username 20 of 64

Is talking to other humans anytime, anywhere, hurting society?

1990s. I went to work, got home. Played music, watched TV, listened to radio. Played Console games.
Weekend: Went out, got drunk, got E'd up, got stoned, got whatever.

2000s. ___________, got home. Played music, watched some TV, listened to some Radio, played PC games. Talked shit to people I dont know online, about serious stuff and not so serious stuff.

How many conversations that are similar to the ones you have online in the 00s, did you have in the non internet "real life" 90s?

So many fuckin hours spent on a stupid PC. FUckin PCs. Dave!! 's a poof !!

Dave!! chuuff chuufff pofff pofff bender.

Im straight.

Dave!! reply here NOW >>