The PC Thread

To: Chris (CHRISSS) 121 of 126
Is it a laptop? That happens with daughter's laptop keyboard. It had a liquid event (not water, a putrid type) though I cleaned it right away and dried it out with compressed air, can't get rid of the mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm problem.
To: milko 122 of 126
Well, I'd bet you always perform proper backups, but I don't often. Never anything mission critical on my box so I haven't mush been bothered by it.

I did however find out the hard way what happens when SSDs go tits up. You can't recover any data from them. At least not at my level on my SSDs. Perhaps newer ones have the ability, but I lost everything. Luckily, nowt but the OSes lived on my 2 SSDs, I had a mag for data. Something to consider.

The Adata drives I bought were fast but didn't last. They were warrantied for three years and didn't make it quite that far. Probably should have purchased better quality, but at the time I thought they were fine, were reviewed well.
To: fixrman 123 of 126
NNo, on mmy mobile.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 124 of 126
It's like your phone has a stutter. You should get it some speech therapy.
EDITED: 19 Sep 2014 08:20 by GRAPHITONE
To: fixrman 125 of 126
back...ups? What are they?

I don't use the SSD for the Documents folder or anything like that. It's the system drive and a few programs. I dunno, normal hard drives that actually break are probably quite hard to recover data from too I'd have thought, at least without paying a lot of money. 
EDITED: 19 Sep 2014 10:24 by MILKO
To: milko 126 of 126
Ha! How I missed this I do not know.

There are certain HDD failures that one can quite easily recover backups from, but SSDs (at least ones from a couple of years ago) did not have that capability.