I miss you guys

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) JonCooper dyl Matt koswix Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) milko THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE) Manthorp Ant (USER_NAME) 1 of 113
Feeling nostalgic today...  I could only add 10 names to this post but there are many more I could have added.  Just want to say I think of you all some times and and hope you have moved on to great things or just plain old contentment, (which is just as good IMHO). Cheers all.
To: Linn (INDYLS) 2 of 113
I always wish for a resurgence of old fashioned forums like this. It was a good era!
To: Dan (HERMAND) 3 of 113
Agreed, I look back fondly at the era of PCFF, NPCFF then finally Teh. Were some good years with lots of chit-chat, banter and various forum meats. Happy days...
To: Linn (INDYLS) 4 of 113
Thanks Lindy - still soldiering on. Sadly, Facebook and Reddit (and Twitter arguments) seem to have replaced the good old fashioned forums (the ones with chat veering wildly off-topic and moderation and arguments about banning trolls and all that).
To: Dan (HERMAND) 5 of 113
Hi Dan! Nice to see you. I agree so much! Are we old or what :D
To: AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42) Mike (QUIGABYTE) Mikee Chris Cooper (DTERRAPIN) Mr (M00RL0CK) Woggy Izziwizzi (JAMESW) Killamarshian (HAL9001) Dr Nick (FOZZA) 6 of 113
And you guys too! HOW ARE YOU??
To: Racoon Serg (NUKKLEAR) Rich (RICARD00) paul The_Apprentice (MCCAFFS) Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) patch Wayne (SCOREZ2000) PNCOOL 7 of 113
Hi to all those who remember me! I remember you all fondly. Cheers!
To: Cyril (TEHFISH) The_Apprentice (MCCAFFS) Woggy william (WILLIAMA) Voltane 8 of 113
Ok, I'm doe now and still probably missed somebody or maybe even doubled some but heyo and cheers to you all.

To: Linn (INDYLS) 9 of 113
Well, I'm still here spouting lefty woke liberal elite snowflake crap. 

Most of the others on your list don't write, don't call anymore. It's just plain rude.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 10 of 113
I know, right! Keep on spouting Willy, some of us care :D

To: ALL11 of 113
I keep on wandering in here from time to time. Miss you all too, and yes, also miss the Great Age Of Forums, back when the interwebs hadn't been ruined quite so badly.
To: Linn (INDYLS) 12 of 113
So what are you up to these days? 

I've been retired from the world of IT for years (>6). I do not really miss mainframes and DB2 and IDMS or even UNIX and Oracle, largely because  for my last few years the "work" was mainly spreadsheets and KPIs and staff assessments and impact assessments and anything but actual computer stuff. I quite miss ISPF (which most people have never heard of) and spent my last couple of years at work doing that and only pretending to do the boring stuff. Now I play at doing bits and bobs all day.

Haven't heard from JonCooper or dyl for years. MATT still looks in very occasionally, but he does mod stuff and probably stuff that isn't obvious. He got married and took a swanky IT job in the US where he lives. Koswix is still about, not often. He runs a business making/selling crafty and hardware type things like door-signs and bell-pulls. milko is an infrequent visitor. He's still big in a firm that handles electronic signage for major sport events (I think). Rendle doesn't visit anymore. He runs his own IT consultancy now and has given up looking for his funny. You can find loads of online stuff with a simple search for Mark Rendle. Manthorp still artfags about, infrequently here. I did post to him recently, with no response. Maybe he no longer gets messages. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ant posting, although he hasn't for ages.

There now follows a long list of "no idea - haven't heard or seen for a long time". MOHAMED42, Mike, Mikee, Chris Cooper, Woggy, Izziwizzi, Killamarshian, Dr Nick, Racoon, Serg, Rich, paul, The Apprentice, Voltane, PNCOOL, Truffy (MR_BASTARD), Darren, Rowan, LP, Sulkpot, Stoo, funky(ISA)...

Greg (M00RL0CK) purged all his posts from teh and never returned. He went off, got an education, and now lectures in philosophy. Astonishingly, his bogus wikipedia entry still exists in a paragraph redolent of early teh funnies. I will point you to it if you've missed it.

Wattsy hasn't posted for ages. I kept in touch a bit because he moved to the small town I grew up in, but no idea what he does now.

Wayne, no idea but I can 100% guarantee that he is absolutely chewing up the carpet over the imminent release of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

The longer I go on, the more names I keep remembering and I know it's too much of a task, but...

Lucy (X3N0PH0N) popped up here a while back after a long absence. I miss his posts, but he has evidently become even more troubled and reclusive. Which is sad. He hasn't visited for a while.

Also sad, but in a different way, as you know, Trig got himself in a spot of bother not long ago. 

Yve and Manthorp never got a room (AFAIK) but Yve and Iain are still a happy family (also AFAIK).

Most importantly, Peter (BOUGHTONP). Still here and still posting. He's the man who pays for the hosting which makes me feel guilty and realise that I should do something about sending him some dosh.

And, probably teh most prolific poster (if you'll pardon the alliteration) right now is CHYRON (DSMITHHFX). He hales from Toronto, which I believe is the same side of the pond and the border as you.

Been trying to remember the name of the person who first directed me to teh forum as the Delphi PC Professional thing began to rot on the stem. But I can't. He hasn't posted for many years.

No doubt milko will wander in while I'm still composing this oversized post and cross with me.
To: Linn (INDYLS) 13 of 113
Hi, everyone,I very rarely check in on the place any more, once in a while when I remember  :-/

I quit working for Timpson last year, I miss doing graphic design and sign making, laser engraving etc, but the company become soley profit oriented and extremely penny pinching to the detriment of the staffs quality of life and mental health.

During the cost of living crisis they gave us all a big cut to our productivity bonus, which couple with barely above minimum wage hourly rate meant I couldn't afford to work there any more. 

I'm now a bus driver, as or October 2022, bit of a change, but it's better money for a lot less stress.
EDITED: 17 Apr 2023 12:59 by WOGGY
To: william (WILLIAMA) 14 of 113
Wow, you are a font of information! I can't believe I left off Peter - I wondered just the other day if he still paid for for teh hosting (and if anyone ever found out what he liked on pizza).

I too retired in the past year and highly recommend it - playing at bits and bobs all day is good for the soul.

I used to see Xen on Steam quite often (also Fozza, Woggy and a few others) Not so much anymore. I think I miss Xen the most - I loved his quirky sense of things. Funny about Greg removing his posts - I didn't know he did that. Erasing history I guess. And of course I heard about Trig's alleged shenanigans. Not surprised about that sadly.

I figure most will have abandoned the email attached to teh and would'nt see this but I'm happy a few of you have.    
EDITED: 17 Apr 2023 16:51 by INDYLS
To: ALL15 of 113
" milko is an infrequent visitor. He's still big in a firm that handles electronic signage for major sport events (I think) "

This is about right, I think. We do some other stuff as well, like multimedia "stuff" in retail shops and AR for mobile and things. But most of my work is about the sport still. We did a management buyout a year or so ago - well, I say "we" but I am the most junior member of it and basically had no involvement beyond signing a few things at the very end, so I have a theoretical small slice of some pie if we ever actually make something of it. Could be good! Bloomin' well hope so, at least, it won't ever be yacht money but if I ever want to retire it's probably the only way I can get there.

I still have the bookmark for this place quite prominent so I wander by without the need for email notifications (which are probably turned off actually)
To: Linn (INDYLS) 16 of 113
You still in TO (/GTA) ?
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 17 of 113
Hello, yes, in Ajax, Pickering Village, to be precise. How about you? What area?
To: Linn (INDYLS) 18 of 113
Hello!

Like everyone I miss forums.
I used to go to gigs a lot but cut back a few years ago and then the pandemic happened. Looking to find gigs to go to and all the old ticket sites are gone and there are no forums to ask and Facebook is...not what I want to use.

I have the Twit and Insta but barely do anything there either.

One of the things I miss about forums is actually being able to avoid spoilers as they were sectioned off as opposed to being shouted at whoever is in listening range.

*rants over*

As for me, I have worked as an IT department for a school but now am at Halfords. Started as a 'fitting bits to cars' guy, then up to Bike Technician and now a Duty Manager.

Taken up hiking and camping (no, John) over the last few years.
Also game quite a bit. Not so much Counter-Strike (although I want to get back into it for 2.0) but Battlefield and now Sim Racing. Got the steering wheel and pedals and about to put together a cockpit. Will likely get PSVR2 as well as I can't really afford PC VR at the moment.
To: Voltane 19 of 113
I got into simracing in the pandemic too! Assetto Corsa Competizione, on PC. And yeah, in VR via a Quest 2, in a cockpit rig. It’s ludicrous really but I enjoy it so much. Never cared about cars, never watched the races. Well, actually, the other week I went to British GT at Oulton Park to see some of these cars I spend so much time pretending to drive. But even then I didn’t really follow what was going on very much. 

If anybody wants to join a friendly Thursday night league of racers, let me know! We are a wide mix of ability and very welcoming. 
To: milko 20 of 113
I've been going to Brands Hatch for a few years now for the (now Fanatec) GT World Challenge. Great fun seeing cars go round what I've been racing on.
Raced in a couple of friendly leagues the last few years but work most Thursday evenings. Are they a commit to a full season at a time place? (like every league i've ever been in :D )