Laptop BSOD Quick Fix?

To: ALL1 of 15
I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this because, well, fuck it.

I had installed the AMD drivers from the AMD website on my laptop and noticed it giving me some problems. Random BSOD's and some flicker of the LCD. So I downloaded the drivers from the laptop manufacturer's site. I uninstalled the AMD drivers and software and rebooted and now I can't get back in! Gives me a IRQL_Less_Than_Equal BSOD Stop error. Even in safe mode! I tried getting in using the 7 DVD because all I need to do is reinstall the drivers!

Any quick fixes? Otherwise I'll wipe it I guess.

Thanks!

*Could it be IPv6? I'm really not having a good week so far!
To: ALL2 of 15
Also in one of the logs it says (bad driver) which I was pretty sure of since that's what started this mess.

And I left the house without my phone today and today is the day Google decided my 30 days were up no my 2 step authentication so I'm locked out of my Google stuff until I go home at lunch! Shit and FUCK!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 3 of 15
When you say
quote:
Even in safe mode! I tried getting in using the 7 DVD
do you mean that you tried safe mode by booting from the DVD? If so, did you try safe mode with command prompt? If you can get that started, then you can (should be able to) do a system restore to the point before you installed the new drivers - rstrui.exe.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 4 of 15
Can't help with the phone.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 5 of 15
No, tried safe mode by pressing F8. Tried booting from DVD to try a startup repair and to check the HD.

I have System Restore Disabled because I use WHS to make nightly backups. So if I can't get this fixed real quick I'm just going to restore from a backup.

Thanks!
To: ALL6 of 15
Actually I'm not going to restore from a backup because that would be dumb. It would just restore the wrong drivers again.

I'm going to just do a fresh install and restore my data from a backup.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 7 of 15
Damn, Google are just taking over everything nowadays. Even how long 30 days is!
To: milko 8 of 15
Not sure what you mean? Are you telling me to Google for an answer? Because if you are, I did, and didn't find anything that worked. Trust me, I was up until 2AM working on it last night. Today I'm grumpy and it's not getting that much time from me!
To: milko 9 of 15
Oh, I understand now! Sorry! Yeah I don't know how often they make you re-authorize but it seems pretty random to me.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 10 of 15
you just said it was 30 days!

I dunno though, I disabled that pretty much the first time it happened.
To: milko 11 of 15
Man, I'm having such a bad day that I can't keep things straight!

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've done this before, maybe even last month! But I won't turn it off, I think it's a great feature and I've seen too many people loose their accounts. Especially hotmail accounts.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 12 of 15
Two Step Authentication yes? You have to re-authenticate, as you've said, every 30 days on each PC you log into. YOU KNOW THIS WHY AM I TELLING YOU?
To: Mouse 13 of 15
I do, in fact, know this. I learn it the hard way just about every month I think.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 14 of 15
Ha. Get some of the emergency codes and keep em in your wallet.
To: Mouse 15 of 15
Good idea. I thought I did that but I just looked in my wallet and I didn't! I have my phone so I'm going to print those now and stow them in a pocket in my wallet so I can forget all about them!