Hosting

To: ALL33 of 100
Ok, have just sent in that message, hopefully it'll go smoothly.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 34 of 100
Ha. I'm fairly sure they've engaged Maximum Weasel Mode to try and get out of paying up, so I doubt it. But you've started politely and remaining firm ought to see it right eventually.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)14 Jul 2010 16:58
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 35 of 100
Just keep the Manthorp bumming threats in reserve for now. No need to get nasty unless you have to. :{)
To: milko 36 of 100
Yeah, probably. Just hope it doesn't drag on for ages or anything.

A brief update in that it's been passed to the accounts director, and waiting for them to respond, though no indication of how long that'll take.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)14 Jul 2010 21:02
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 37 of 100
Have they seen the /size/ of the Throb?
To: Matt 38 of 100

Wherever you want to go Hon is fine with us. Sometime in August we'll be able to pitch something into things. I think I still have the information Pete sent us last year.

DP

To: ALL39 of 100

As you know, I fully recommend Linode. Been using them for a long time now and it's been very very smooth.

You have full root access, full control to install whatever the hell you want, you can partition drives yourself, install OS's ..etc.

It's very very nice.

If anyone wants a login to demo my own server (to see the interface you're given and the options you have), just send me a PM. There's nothing important on the server.

Anyways, in the entire time I've been in/around teh, I don't think I've ever donated. Not because I want to, but because I always forget or I never have money available when it's being talked about (like now, for example, as I'm skint).

Put some little status next to peoples name to say they're a donator. This would remind me to donate.

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)20 Jul 2010 10:02
To: Mikee 40 of 100
quote: Mikee
Put some little status next to peoples name to say they're a donator. This would remind me to donate.

I can see that this might be considered 'shaming' people into donating, but otherwise +1.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 41 of 100
It should just say, "is a dick" next to anyone who doesn't donate.
EDITED: 20 Jul 2010 11:30 by MOUSE
To: Mouse 42 of 100

(giggle)

From a Beehive point of view it wouldn't be a bad idea for Beehive to support some sort of donator icon since from what I've seen most other competing forum packages have something similar.

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)20 Jul 2010 15:57
To: Mouse 43 of 100
Obviously 'naming and shaming' takes on a whole new perspective.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 44 of 100

I read that as naming and shaving.

Wouldn't bother me as I'm not hairy in the slightest, but our spectacularly coiffered friend Mouse might have something to say.

To: ALL45 of 100

I'm afraid I'm going to interrupt this odd tangent, bringing things back to the EuroVPS saga. :(

In summary, 12 days ago I asked them to turn off auto-renewal and refund it, they said auto-renewal was off, and 6 days ago the refund request needed to be checked with the accounts director.

Last night, with no further contact since, I got an automatic email saying a payment transaction was attempted - to take the amount for what would be next year's fee. (Fortunately, my stored card details had expired, so the payment failed.)

Since they're showing their incompetence again, I think another backup might be in order, in case they misinterpret the message saying "why wasn't auto renewal turned off, and why hasn't the accounts director refunded the credit yet, stop arsing about and do it".

Also, can anyone suggest a reasonable way of putting that message?

EDITED: 20 Jul 2010 19:56 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 46 of 100

Dear whatever,

I recently requested that the "auto-renew" option on this account was switched off. Despite this, your system recently tried to auto-renew the account by attempting to take payment from my bank account.

Please ensure that this will not happen again. Also, please let me know what arrangements you have made to credit the outstanding balance on this hosting account back to my bank account.

Regards ectect

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 47 of 100
I think another backup might be in order

'tis done.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)20 Jul 2010 23:30
To: patch 48 of 100

Dear incompetents,

I recently requested that the "auto-renew" option on this account was switched off. Despite this, your incompetent system recently tried to auto-renew the account by attempting to take payment from my bank account.

Please ensure that, despite your incompetence, this will not happen again. Also, please advise as to the spastic arrangements you have made to credit the outstanding balance on this hosting account back to my bank account.

Fuck you and your parents, ectect

To: patch 49 of 100
Is it worth pointing out they specifically confirmed that?

quote:
Dear whatever,

I recently requested that the "auto-renew" option on this account was switched off, and it was confirmed that this was done. Despite this, your system recently tried to auto-renew the account by attempting to take payment from my card.

Please ensure that this will not happen again. Also, please let me know what arrangements you have made to credit the outstanding balance on this hosting account back to my bank account.

Regards ectect

Thanks Matt. :)
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 50 of 100
It can't hurt.
To: ALL51 of 100
Have we got a forum paypal or other account set up? I want to donate my brick.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)21 Jul 2010 12:18
To: Manthorp 52 of 100
I misread that at first. You want to donate your /b/rick. For a moment there I thought you were planning to make the ultimate sacrifice.