New sets.

To: ALL1 of 16

http://waxdj.com/djs/849/

Two new mixes.

Do not download, if your a metal head, that dosnt like 1990s house or garage music.

To everyone that likes, enjoy and be safe.

Thanks.

To: ALL2 of 16
Just for reference, is anyone here into 1990's garage and house music?
To: Ally 3 of 16
i am
To: Ben (BENLUMLEY) 4 of 16
Cool.
To: TEHTrigger (TRIGGERTEH) 5 of 16
i forgot my blue text
To: Ben (BENLUMLEY) 6 of 16
What blue text?
To: TEHTrigger (TRIGGERTEH) 7 of 16
clever
To: Ben (BENLUMLEY) 8 of 16

Someone on SoulSeek says i cant mix.

:-(( :-(( :-(( :-((

To: TEHTrigger (TRIGGERTEH) 9 of 16
oh no
To: Ben (BENLUMLEY) 10 of 16

Yes yes yes. Brand new mixes.........

But, im re-doing the Garage mix. I put in 2 sorta housey-garage tracks right in the middle. These two tracks got played by house djs at the beginning of sets, and dont really suit my mix, even tho they are of same beat per minute too most garage tracks. House djs used to play em +2 pitch faster mostly.
So a wee change is on the cards.
Once I get my sisters "cheese" mix recorded to mp3.

http://waxdj.com/djs/849/

Man, you cant beat 1990s music. And I mean all styles and genres of it.

EDITED: 4 Apr 2006 01:12 by TRIGGERTEH
To: Ben (BENLUMLEY) 11 of 16

Let meh tellh youh somthinh ath thish weery hourh.

I yern to mix for poeple.

I had decks and bought vinyl from 96 too 2001. I worshiped Pete Tong, Essential Mixes and MixMag track listings. I mixed vinyl I bought. And bought tunes I liked.
I only mixed in my bedroom.

I do mixes now using mp3s. I do sets no longer than an 1:20 min. I do em like mix CDs. But im thinking its a waste.

I wanna be kept on edge. I wanna see faces. I wanna see a busy or empty dance floor. I wanna play tunes that adpat to the crowd. I wanna see it emerge, unfold, transform, create a vibe from nothing...........

Yeah, fuck being a "bar" dj. Fuck that for all the toffee in China. Club Djs is where its at. You go to a pub to get sloshed for the club. You gotta club for tunes you aint ever heard before. To take you somwhere new...

The point is im getting bored doing sets for me. I wanna do sets for strangers. I should try and broadcast my station or summit. I mean this is the net age... I was setting tapes to local clubs in the mid 90s and got ZERO replys. I do like my 90s house and garage from around 94 too 2000.

Strictly Rhythm have to be the best label of all time, imo. I actually look back at some labels now in found affection. Some of those labels are defunct now. Its kinda sad. Positiva, Stress, Deconstrucion, Tribal UK, Hooj Toons, Perfecto, Ffrr.

Im getting an itch to re ignite, somehow, this mid 90s style.
Al those 35 - 40 yr olds over at SoulSeek OLDSKOOL 88 94 room can shove there hardcore, d n b, rave, breakbeat, acid house, shite, right up there arses. Im 31. In 1990 i was 16. I was listening to 808 state and The Adventures Of Stevie, The KLF, The Shamen......
In 1995 I took my first drugs @ a club in Ibiza. In 96 I drank. In 1997 I had an affiar with Es and The Tunnel club. I from the "Clubbing" generation. Surley someone out there like the mid 90s style?????
Theres gota be a 28 too 34 generation out there that likes the style im takling about?
I can feel it in my bones. In about either 2 or 4 years time oldskool persecption of dane music will be reformed. In 4 years time it will be 2010. /THATS/ 22 years since the beginning of "house/dance" music.
Now surely, its common sence, the new generation will have a greater interest in "oldskool" from the mid 90s era. Iv been in OLDSKOOL 88 94 room for yonks, and theres only 2 types of poeple in there, I tell not a lie.
35 too 40 year olds who were part of that early house scene AND youngsters. IE 18 too ealry 20s kids. Then theres me. "Clubber" boy.

I was locked to PEte Tongs shows on Friday nights from 94 too 2000.
Sister Bliss, Judge Jules, Seb FOntaine..... man....

Im not gonna let this one blow over. alot of clubbers surely aint gonna forget about the style of the mid 90s?
I mean, its like ignoring, say the 70s.
I mean, when Oasis and Blur were going head too head it was like me old mans era, when The Beatles and Stones were going at it.
The point is. Its about dance music and the progressive of it. I compare it too thet progressive of rock and roll. Why? Because dance music has been around since 88, well early 80s if you REALLY know your history.
And a genre like this that has been going for 20 odd years cant be ignored all day every day. I firmly accept that "rock n roll" music has taken a wonderfull and interesting path throu history which I accecpt.
Dance music deserves the same nod too, so too speak.

Its kinda weird , cause im the generation, straight after the acid house generation. Iv never been to an oldskool acid house club night in my life, or a warehouse night or rave night.

Im sure there will be in influx of poeple listening to mid 90s house music at some stage in dance musics history. i just hope its soon tho. Then I can lead them to the great tunes I liked during this classic mid 90s "clubbing" era. I mean Cream (Liverpool), Ministry Of Sound, Manumission, the original KU now called Privilage, the great "clubbing" nights to be had, after we watched Noels House Party or The Word. No net just good tv, then go out sloshed or drugged to into a club with good house music. Then watching Denis Penis on the Sunday Show
with a comedown/hangover, while my mam asked what I wanted on me egg and bacon rolls.

Im heavliy into the 94 - 00 period it hurts.

Just a question before I turn in folks. Is it too soon to call 94 - 00 oldskool part 2?

To: TEHTrigger (TRIGGERTEH) 12 of 16
Mm-hmm. Yeah. Lovely weather we're having at the moment, isn't it?
To: TEHTrigger (TRIGGERTEH) 13 of 16
Have you considered sneaking into Vienna's (assuming that that's what it's called just now. Club Slapper. Bottom of New Street.) on a quiet night and pretending you've been asked to play a quick set?
To: patch 14 of 16

The Magners must have got to me head. Sozzy.

Moderate weather here. Sunny but cold.

To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 15 of 16
Too many complications. Like, how do I get my PC into the place.
To: TEHTrigger (TRIGGERTEH) 16 of 16
2 turntables and a microphone...

Or maybe pester the people at Radio Magnetic to give you a slot sometime or something (means you don't even need to leave the comfort of your own home).