Teh ForumIt's that time of year again...

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)      
34582.181 In reply to 34582.180 
Are they saying there's no extra charge to upgrade?

If that's the case do it!

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
34582.182 In reply to 34582.181 
That seems to be what they're saying... although not sure if he's asking which plan or not.
I'm guessing they wouldn't give us the CT 8800P for free.
Currently we're on a 512MB plan with 10GB disk, which matches closest to CT 2800P, however price-wise we're equiv to ~€50 a month, which is nearest to the CT 4800P.

Do you have suitable backups of everything, in case of standard upgrade disaster situation?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.183 In reply to 34582.182 
If they're happy to give us the CT 4800P for no extra charge that would be good. We'd actually gain a little bit more RAM. Best to get them to clarify their position I guess.

Backup wise, I have a week old one, but it would probably make sense to ask them when they can do it (if not immediatly) and I can do a backup and shut down the forum just prior to them doing the move so that nothing goes astray.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
34582.184 In reply to 34582.178 
Aerobics. Gotta love'em. :)

DP
Cybatrons Free Network: Where Free isn't a dirty word!
Hangin Out Forums: Free Beehive forum hosting, chat rooms, & more!
Netutopia Forums: Free Beehive forums & chat rooms!
RPGworlds.org: Worlds of Free RPGaming at your fingertips!
RPGlossary: Built for members by members!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.185 In reply to 34582.179 
Thanks. I'll see it gets put to good use. :)

DP
Cybatrons Free Network: Where Free isn't a dirty word!
Hangin Out Forums: Free Beehive forum hosting, chat rooms, & more!
Netutopia Forums: Free Beehive forums & chat rooms!
RPGworlds.org: Worlds of Free RPGaming at your fingertips!
RPGlossary: Built for members by members!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.186 In reply to 34582.183 
Gah, I'm not sure how to take their answer again... :/

quote: me
Thanks Sam.

Just to clarify: we would be moved across to the equivalent Centos 5 plan (the CT 4800P ?), and everything would be migrated so no need to re-configure or anything else?

Can you give a rough estimate on how long this would take, and when it could be done?
(this would allow us to give advance warning to users, "site will be down for approx X hours/minutes at X time")

quote: william@eurovps
We are verifying your query and will update you our findings soon.

quote: sam@eurovps
The maximum downtime involved is 5 hours and we would complete the process for you as in plesk of the old server.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.187 In reply to 34582.186 
I think he has Plesk on the mind :)

Have they said whether or not it will actually cost us anything more? Might need to get straight to the point and ask them, making a point to specify the Centos 5 (4800P) plan.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.188 In reply to 34582.187 
Nope, those are the only two responses.

Have just sent:
quote:
Thanks. Just to confirm, we will continue to pay the same annual rate subscription, and will be switched across to the Centos5 CT 4800P plan?

So will see what the reply is.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.189 In reply to 34582.188 
There is very obviously a bit of a language barrier here, and I'm wondering if there are some crossed wires somewhere and they expect us to commit to yet another year on top of what we've already given them?

If you haven't already, maybe get straight to the point and ask them if we actually have to pay any more to upgrade. Something like:

"Will it cost us anything to upgrade to Centos 5 4800P?"

If they say No, then we're good :)

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.190 In reply to 34582.189 
Yeah, that would have been a better way of putting it.

Don't tend to have significant language problems with the Eindhoven office at work, although not sure if EuroVPS are Netherlands or Greece. *shrug*

Anyway, just received:
quote: libin@eurovps
We will get back to you with the requested support query after consulting with our Billing Department. Kindly hold on.

So we'll see what reply comes from that.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.191 In reply to 34582.189 
O_o

I've just received a handful of emails notifying me that "You have ordered a Domain/Virtuozzo Virtuozzo Container CT8209." and stuff.

Haven't received any reply since the last reply from Libin.

Hmmm, in the billing section it has "-€699.22 (You owe money to the provider)", with an invoice dated today and the following break-down:

quote:
Linux CT4800P CentOS-5 (managed/el5/psa) hosting plan setup fee €0.00
Linux CT4800P CentOS-5 (managed/el5/psa) hosting plan subscription fee €839.40
Promotion Advanced Discount Schedule/Managed CT for Linux CT4800P CentOS-5 (managed/el5/psa) hosting plan subscription fee 30.00% 1 year(s) -€251.82
+ EU VAT 19.00 % €111.64
Total €699.22

Getting more than a little bit paranoid now. :/

Argh!

Just had this comment added to the ticket...

quote: william@eurovps
Dear Peter,

We have created the invoice for the new Centos5 CT 4800P VPS and please complete the payment.

Once the migration completed to your new server we would terminate your old one and add the remaining amount as credit note for your new subscription.

Regards
---
William U.

:|

Um, so... I'm going to post this now, and hopefully someone can suggest the best way to reply, using clear words that can't be mis-understood.

It looks like the plan page excluded VAT, and now that it's added on the CT4800P is an extra €93 a year than what we're currently paying
Do we actually want the CT2800P, which is €106 less than we currently pay, but still as powerful a server?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.192 In reply to 34582.191 
... ARGH?

Does that mean we've got to find 3 months (That's what we've used since renewing) @ €152 ((€606.29 / 12) * 3) + €93 difference?

Because that's like another £190, but it means we'll renew in September next year, rather than June. However it means we'll be paying almost €700 next year, which is currently £541, but could be much more if the pound continues to loose against the Euro.

If we go for the 2800P we'll be loosing 400MHz off the CPU speed, but keep the RAM. I have no idea how much disk space we have or have used (including the OS install).

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL

So are we on the new server now?

Has it cost us more :(( or less :D ?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.194 In reply to 34582.193 
This is the new server, hence the redirect to the IP Address. Once the DNS is updated you will be able to reach here via the usual means.

This should be costing us less each year now, for a very similar spec machine. It's all very much in it's vanilla set up at the moment though so things might go a little pear shaped depending on how MySQL behaves.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.195 In reply to 34582.193 
Yep, this is the new IP, so looks like Matt has put a temporary redirect until I can switch the DNS over.

It will cost us less, but I've had to pay up-front - I think the remaining value of the previous subscription will be added as a credit rather than refunded though - I'll confirm that once things are all settled...
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.196 In reply to 34582.194 
I've updated DNS to point to this IP now.

Also, increased MX priority to 25 (and yes, mail.tehforum.co.uk is pointing at the IP).

So, once propagation is complete then we'll be good?
(from a forum perspective)

After we're sure DNS is sorted (48 hours max?) then, I'll let EuroVPS know that we've done the migration, and they should kill the old server and process the credit/refund stuff.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.197 In reply to 34582.196 
Domain has already switched here at work, but yeah I'd say leave it until Friday. Almost everyone should have updated by then I would hope.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.198 In reply to 34582.196 

Well done guys!
Looks like you have both done a stella job but if you want help or some extra cash for stuff just shout. (obviously not 100's of pounds or anything, I ain't rich like Kos is!)

Web Shite Mail Me

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.199 In reply to 34582.197 
What Wattsy said, apart from the bit about me being rich.

Lucky Pierre, a sexual position in which during a three-person sexual encounter with at least two men participating, one male penetrates the anus of the other male, who is simultaneously penetrating either the anus or the vagina of the third person. The man in the middle, who both gives and receives, is the "Lucky Pierre".
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
DNS is fine here. BeThere.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  141–160  161–180  181–200  201–220

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats