Teh ForumIt's that time of year again...

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Just received the renewal order from EuroVPS for Teh hosting.

Looks to be the same EUR price as last year (msg:32914.1) at €606.29, but with the exchange rate changes the GBP price has gone up, to ~£478.74.

First question is if Teh is happy to stay with EuroVPS, which I guess is primarily a question for Matt?
(I vaguely remember some annoyances at the end of last year, but can't properly recall the details.)

Once that decision is made, we can work out donation plans - most likely just do the same thing as last year.
TD Affiliate pot can currently cover £93.31 of it.

quote:
subscription renewal from 13-Aug-2008 up to 13-Aug-2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Name                           | Quantity | Units |  Price  |  Duration   | Discount |  Total  |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Linux VPS 250P Plesk           |          |       | €509.49 |  1 year(s)  |  0.00%   | €509.49 |
| Reloaded/RHEL AS3 hosting plan |          |       |         |             |          |         |
| subscription fee               |          |       |         |             |          |         |
| Psa Bu As3 monthly fee         |          |       |  €0.00  |  1 year(s)  |  0.00%   |  €0.00  |
| + EU VAT 19.00 %               |          |       |  €0.00  |             |  0.00%   | €96.80  |

Total Amount: €606.29
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
34582.2 In reply to 34582.1 
If we stick with them, they better sort out the Plesk License. Or else.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.3 In reply to 34582.1 
Um, ok... so after sending a bill this morning, they've just now taken the payment anyway. :/

Looks like the total GBP price is £493.53

Can obviously get that voided/refunded if we do decide to move.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
34582.4 In reply to 34582.2 
That's certainly fair.

If someone can write a suitable "fix plesk license or we're gone" type of message, I can send it to the relevant sales/support contacts.

(Assuming you've got a recent db backup, in case they respond "bugger off then")
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.5 In reply to 34582.1 

If Matt's happy with the server then I'm happy to stay!

I can pitch in £30, but not till next week.

69, also known by its French name soixante-neuf (sixty-nine), is a sexual activity. In this position, two people orient themselves such that each person's mouth is near the other's genitals, simultaneously performing oral sex. This position can be performed in opposite-sex or same-sex pairings.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.6 In reply to 34582.4 
If I and everyone on Teh who isn't poorer than me puts in a tenner, will that cover it?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.7 In reply to 34582.1 
I'll stick in £20 since I forgot to send you £10 last year.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  dyl     
34582.8 In reply to 34582.6 
If there are 39.02 people not poorer than you, then yes.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
34582.9 In reply to 34582.7 
:O That is true - we should be demanding interest! ;)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 34582.10 was deleted

To:  Mr (M00RL0CK)     
34582.11 In reply to 34582.10 
Ooops, good point. :$
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I can throw some money your way too :)
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.13 In reply to 34582.8 
Remind us how.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.14 In reply to 34582.1 
I'll bung in the usual 50p. Just give us the paypal or whatever.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  dyl     
34582.15 In reply to 34582.13 
In a few days time I'll PM bank details to everyone who has either posted or PMed me.

Don't want to start doing it as people post though - easier to do it in bulk.

Plus I'm looking into the NPO/community bank account thing again, and would be simpler to pay directly into that.
(Found info from Barclays and HSBC so far.)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

There's probably some Amazon money and I'll also add my bit - check it later today if I can.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.17 In reply to 34582.15 
You could get a whole server to yourself with plesk for $58.74 a month from 1and1.co.uk
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34582.18 In reply to 34582.1 
PM transfer details please.

[english]paul

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

How much space and bandwidth do we get on this server?

Is there any plan to let some of us use the space like was mentioned ages ago when we actually moved to our own dedicated server. It'll obviously be at a fee, which would go towards paying for the server.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matty (EVSTAR)     
34582.20 In reply to 34582.17 
Do 1and1 renew their Plesk licenses after the first year on behalf of the client?

With EuroVPS after the first year was up our 30 domain / unlimited POP3 Plesk license expired. Since then we've been running on a license for 1 domain and 2 POP3 accounts which is doable, but quite sucky.

The US Dollar does make that offer very nice. Current exchange rate would cost us £355 for a year, and it's all up to date installs, Plesk 8.3, PHP5, MySQL 5, etc. which saves me the trouble of upgrading them myself. If Pete can get the money back from EuroVPS that they've already taken, that might be a good thing to go for.

If we do choose to change, before we contact EuroVPS, give me a chance to get a backup made because I can see them being completely unhelpful and simply deleting our account and virtual server the minute we try and cancel.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  …  201–220

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats