GeneralI Need To Live In the USA! Problem!

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Dr Nick (FOZZA)      
31892.21 In reply to 31892.1 
You can have my regular ink and paper books when you pry them from my cold, dead hands. Oh, and Sony makes that.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  388405efit03=1-0 (KABINGER)     
31892.22 In reply to 31892.21 
Aye, I'll second that. I've never finished an ebook on my lappy or pocket PC. Now I'm sure that epaper is much more legible and less fuss than either of them, but a real paper book is a particular pleasure, whether its a lush coffee table jobbie with varnished pages and rich colour illustrations or a shitey novel to stick in your hip pocket.

"The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons."

George W Bush, 28 Sept 2002

"I can say with certainty that the Quds Force, a part of the Iranian government, has provided these sophisticated I.E.D.s."

George W Bush, 14 Feb 2007

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.23 In reply to 31892.1 
I've seen adverts (in Canada at least) for pre-pay credit cards. If they're sensible they might have an online top-up service? When I get back I can find out more...
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
31892.24 In reply to 31892.22 
lol
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.25 In reply to 31892.22 
Audiobooks, though. You can stick them on an iPod and "read" them anywhere, and even leave your eyes free for other stuff like women's legs. That's how I read Crime and Punishment. It turned out Raskolnikov did it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
31892.26 In reply to 31892.25 

I agree, I spend much time driving around london for my job.
Getting stuck in traffic aint a problem if you are listening to an audiobook.

My archos has a bookmark feature for audio or video files.
Works a treat.

If anybody is interested in Audiobooks or The Teaching Company Lectures
I have a vast collection, even more extensive than my stupid ringtones collectioni.

Currently just finished the 2nd Eragon book, have to say i'm extreamly impressed with the story, aint seen the film yet but the unabridge audiobook kinda makes me not want to.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.27 In reply to 31892.22 

I agree I also aint finished an ebook on my pdas.

However the screen on this is very very very easy to read, it genuinely looks like paper, the words look like they have been printed, it really is that good.

Also fantastic to be able to carry it around with me where ever I go. It's about the height of a paperback book but is much much thiner about 1cm thick.

Ultra portable.

Next london meat if you come along I will bring it with and you can pass judgement

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.28 In reply to 31892.27 
I've read about 100 on my pda. Paper is so old fashioned. And I can't jimlad paper books from the internets.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.29 In reply to 31892.27 
I agree with Rendlibobs about audiobooks. I'd certainly like to see an e-book thang in the flesh.

"The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons."

George W Bush, 28 Sept 2002

"I can say with certainty that the Quds Force, a part of the Iranian government, has provided these sophisticated I.E.D.s."

George W Bush, 14 Feb 2007

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.30 In reply to 31892.26 

Me has just finished that book also and whilst I am enjoying the series it's very, very cliched and utterly predictable.
I have not seen the film either, but from the looks of the film photos that were in the middle of the tie-in paperback release I read it looks wank!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Izziwizzi (JAMES)     
31892.31 In reply to 31892.30 
My Garmin GPS does audiobooks. And MP3s. And hands-free. I love it. More than my kids.

Dazztopia - where eagles dare to burrow!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dazz     
31892.32 In reply to 31892.31 

Does it have bookmark feature?

Clever Smart NaV

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.33 In reply to 31892.32 
Yep - bookmarks 'n everything. I have 2 free book downloads. Any suggestions?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.34 In reply to 31892.33 

Yeah which model sat nav is it?

Would love to get my mum one.

Harry Potter is great escapism, if you are remotely a fan.
Micheal Crichton is easy to get hold of and his stuff is normally well researcha dn thought prevoking.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.35 In reply to 31892.34 
This is the pup I have. The selling points of the higher specced ones are full European maps, text to speech and wide screen. I don't need text to speech, 'cause I can read and I don't need a computerised version of Irish placenames (shudder). I'm also quite good at reading the various accents in foreign lasnguages so the spelling of translations is enough for me. The other upgrade is the wide-screen version which takes the portability away.

As for the maps, I'm going to buy the European map DVD for less than the cost difference between the 310 and 360 and I've also found out how to and managed to upgrade the base map (which has the major roads/highways) from the standard European version to the world version for free! So me's happy.

The books are from www.audible.com so tracking them down is not the problem. Just choosing.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.36 In reply to 31892.34 

Oh, and the hands-free phone aspect is fantastic. You can make calls/send texts and it gets all the info from your phone from incoming calls/texts to contacts to call/text history to signal strength to battery life remaining - anything you can do on your phone you can do from the screen. When I'm in the car I just turn on bluetooth on my phone, leave it in my pocket and forget about it - the Garmin becomes my phone.

So far it's my favourite gadget ever, and I've had a few, begorrah.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.37 In reply to 31892.35 

Do the books have to come from Audible?

Can you set bookmarks with normal mp3 files?
Most of my audiobooks are in that format, not from audible

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.38 In reply to 31892.37 
Well, I just torrented and watched Eragon and I was right, it's pants. Lots of changes from the book too.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Izziwizzi (JAMES)     
31892.39 In reply to 31892.38 

I've resisted the urge to do that.

Mainly because I think it will be pants and two
as the DVD aint out yet I assume that all torrents will be cinema copies and therefore poor quality

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.40 In reply to 31892.39 
its film award season though, which means there will be those dvd copies that say "for your consideration" all over them.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–50

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats